Overheard Hermès

Going through some of these posts i can relate about aggressive shoppers in my local H. In the past year a couple of times there have been people screaming because they are not served right away, cursing outside their sas are useless and at least a number of tourists/new h shoppers ask clients waiting for their sa for service(we all laugh at this one since none of us clearly look like we work at h).

My poor H SA does get a bit fed up with the number of ppl who come up to me when shopping with her to ask where i got my goyard tote(our country doesn't have a goyard store and mine bought a couple of years ago in monte carlo).

Today at Madison--a tourist couple so aggressively pleading for a bag displayed in the window to be made available to purchase, the manager had to be called. And they still would not relent.
Funny and sad. Funny because it’s just a bag and sad that Hermes has made a bag so demanded that people will cause a ruckus over it.

Last time I was in on my way out a lady asked if My purse was for sale and offered me 15k on the spot. I politely declined and kept on walking.

To be honest I don't really feel at all sorry for Hermes as a company that they have to deal with this sort of behaviour from customers because it is entirely of their own making. I do however feel bad for the individual SAs who are abused by the public. I wonder if a transparent waitlist system would work better for the B/K/C bags, but then perhaps sales in the other categories would drop.

Funny and sad. Funny because it’s just a bag and sad that Hermes has made a bag so demanded that people will cause a ruckus over it.

Last time I was in on my way out a lady asked if My purse was for sale and offered me 15k on the spot. I politely declined and kept on walking.
Omg! I had this happened to me right outside of FSH once by a middle aged couple, pretty sure they were resellers. Thank god my fiance was there with me and he immediately got between us and shooed them away. :doh:

That SA missed a golden opportunity:

Customer: "Do you know who I am?"
SA: "No, I'm afraid do not know who you are. I'm sorry you lost your ID and have amnesia."
I actually witnessed something like this in Beverly Hills. A very, very entitled man (read: Ari Gold type) said to the leather manager at the time “Don’t you know who I am?” and Olivier, who is very very French, said, “Non, monsieur, désolé, but I do not.” And walked away.

I actually witnessed something like this in Beverly Hills. A very, very entitled man (read: Ari Gold type) said to the leather manager at the time “Don’t you know who I am?” and Olivier, who is very very French, said, “Non, monsieur, désolé, but I do not.” And walked away.
Ah, so much plus classique with the French thrown in.:smile:

At our last visit to FSH me and my DH we waiting to be served by SA, which you all know Can take quite a bit for us almost 1.5 hour, I was browsing all over the store picking up things I liked and my DH just sat by the equestrian corner right next to the plant the entire time drinking coffee… anyways we both were “people watching” at different spots and we came into conclusion that:
1- aloooooooot of men (younger and mature in age) start with “my niece here is looking for xxxxxx” Which CLEARLY is not their niece because some of them look too young or just too slut-Ty… I mean you Can you say my “girlfriend” specially when the “niece” is all touchy-feely with the guy!
We are not judging, we just thought it was funny!
2- alot of couple, would get into a fight because usually the MAN doesn’t want to stay any longer, or doesn’t want to wait to be served, or doesn’t want to pay for so expensive stuff etc Poor SA sometimes doesn’t know what to do/Say and would say “i will be right back, let me know when you are ready”
3- A lot of people mainly women crying or upset at register when they are having trouble with payments… mostly surely because of credit cards being blocked etc and can’t pay at all hence loosing have they had on hold (I can only imagine finally scoring an appt and then getting offered their dream bag and then not being able to pay for it because cc/bank has blocked your card etc I would devastated!)

We love people watching in stores and restaurants hehehe

Last edited:
At our last visit to FSH me and my DH we waiting to be served by SA, which you all know Can take quite a bit for us almost 1.5 hour, I was browsing all over the store picking up things I liked and my DH just sat by the equestrian corner right next to the plant the entire time drinking coffee… anyways we both were “people watching” at different spots and we came into conclusion that:
1- aloooooooot of men (younger and mature in age) start with “my niece here is looking for xxxxxx” Which CLEARLY is not their niece because some of them look too young or just too slut-Ty… I mean you Can you say my “girlfriend” specially when the “niece” is all touchy-feely with the guy!
We are not judging, we just thought it was funny!
2- alot of couple, would get into a fight because usually the MAN doesn’t want to stay any longer, or doesn’t want to wait to be served, or doesn’t want to pay for so expensive stuff etc Poor SA sometimes doesn’t know what to do/Say and would say “i will be right back, let me know when you are ready”
3- A lot of people mainly women crying or upset at register when they are having trouble with payments… mostly surely because of credit cards being blocked etc and can’t pay at all hence loosing have they had on hold (I can only imagine finally scoring an appt and then getting offered their dream bag and then not being able to pay for it because cc/bank has blocked your card etc I would devastated!)

We love people watching in stores and restaurants hehehe
The niece part is hilarious. I wonder why they say niece? Is it because their wives also shop at the same store

I actually witnessed something like this in Beverly Hills. A very, very entitled man (read: Ari Gold type) said to the leather manager at the time “Don’t you know who I am?” and Olivier, who is very very French, said, “Non, monsieur, désolé, but I do not.” And walked away
Olivier is class personified. No matter what, he always has a smile on his face.

Some of these stories are terrifying.

Today at Madison--a tourist couple so aggressively pleading for a bag displayed in the window to be made available to purchase, the manager had to be called. And they still would not relent.

Honestly, I haven’t been to a physical store since the pandemic and I am not planning to. At least until people’s obsession/desperation eases a little bit.