Overheard Hermès

Overheard recently in my local store while I was waiting for my usual SA. Customer 1 to SA1 "I'd really like a Lindy," SA1, "Sorry we have no bags in stock right now." Customer 2 to SA2, "What bags do you have in stock?" SA2 to Customer 2, "Sorry we have no bags in stock at this time. Customer 3 to SA1, "Any chance I can get a Garden Party?" SA1 "Sorry we have no bags in stock right now." My usual SA comes to me, and asks what are you looking for today, I say, "I was stopping by to see if you had a K2Go or a Garden Party but it sounds like you don't have anything available." My SA, "let me go check." I walked out with a GP30.
You do realise this is just going to make customers hearing “we have no bags” even more persistent!

Overheard recently in my local store while I was waiting for my usual SA. Customer 1 to SA1 "I'd really like a Lindy," SA1, "Sorry we have no bags in stock right now." Customer 2 to SA2, "What bags do you have in stock?" SA2 to Customer 2, "Sorry we have no bags in stock at this time. Customer 3 to SA1, "Any chance I can get a Garden Party?" SA1 "Sorry we have no bags in stock right now." My usual SA comes to me, and asks what are you looking for today, I say, "I was stopping by to see if you had a K2Go or a Garden Party but it sounds like you don't have anything available." My SA, "let me go check." I walked out with a GP30.

Have Garden Parties become quota bags too?! Is every bag a quota bag now? This is ridiculous.

Amazing. Good for you!

Have Garden Parties become quota bags too?! Is every bag a quota bag now? This is ridiculous.
I inquired about a Mini Lindy in a certain color a few months ago and my SA told me he would put me on the list…
I don’t even know if I like the bag (probably not because of the zippers) but I never heard back. Meanwhile ge keeps asking me to buy more but most of what I want isn’t in stock or will take 6 months to arrive. I have a wish list with him of some particular Birkins and Kellys but this will probably never happen. However in Paris I got 2 quota bags that I am very happy about and was looking for!
I just don’t understand the brand sometimes.

Blatantly lying to customers is so wrong. Why can’t the SAs take the honest approach and just tell people, “sorry, we have very limited stock right now so it’s being held for our long time customers.” People wouldn’t like it, but at least they could decide for themselves whether they want to put in the money to become a valued customer, or take their business elsewhere.

Blatantly lying to customers is so wrong. Why can’t the SAs take the honest approach and just tell people, “sorry, we have very limited stock right now so it’s being held for our long time customers.” People wouldn’t like it, but at least they could decide for themselves whether they want to put in the money to become a valued customer, or take their business elsewhere.
We are so off topic now but sadly that response would likely put some SA’s safety in danger.

In Singapore, the bags are not stored in stores… partially due to approval process, safety, etc. Most bags are stored in a single warehouse which all 4 stores have access to. It’s troublesome to get a bag sent from warehouse so unless you are their regular customer, most SAs will just say no bags available in the store (which is partially true).

This also reminded me something I overheard previously. A tourist came to ask for some non-quota bag from a SA and he advised her to get it from her local store (Australia) instead. The customer didn’t get irritated and understand that the bags are mostly allocated to local customers and not so much for tourists with low purchase history.

That’s the way it should be! Hermès makes everything so unpredictable though! Maybe we should just tell our SA that we don’t want a bag to get offered one?
Ha! That's how i got my first Birkin. When I first started working with my SA, I told him 2 things: 1. I'm probably going to be your poorest client; and 2. I'll never ask for a bag. Maybe a Constance but just not into the Birkin or Kelly. I've clearly been won over, but he talked me into "just looking " at a Birkin. Been hooked every since. Lol.