Overall, a very poor company.

N.M.Nevuhmynd

Head Flunkie In Charge Of Nothingness
Apr 15, 2016
Recently, I've had the intense displeasure of interacting with the so-called Community Team. Though I can't go into details, I can tell you they are NOT your friend. Their level of immaturity says a great deal about the company as a whole and none of it is good.

Recently, I've had the intense displeasure of interacting with the so-called Community Team. Though I can't go into details, I can tell you they are NOT your friend. Their level of immaturity says a great deal about the company as a whole and none of it is good.
Are you referring to disagreements with actual ebay employees or with other board posters?

I seem to recall your posts and I wouldn't have called the posters' disagreements with you as "immature" (as you say) but rather just a bunch of people with differing opinions. (Actually, it was similar to those here who disagreed. There was no disrespect but most people didn't have an issue with sellers dropshipping.)

Without your giving more information, it's hard to explain specifics but in your posts (on 2 different discussions there), you complained because you felt that you'd overpaid for items that the seller dropshipped from Walmart. (By "overpaid," I mean that you paid a premium over what the item(s) sold for at Walmart.)

If you complained to ebay about dropshipping and didn't like their response, the problem is that they allow dropshipping. (There are some categories of items where dropshipping raises red flags but for the items you purchased, there aren't red flags.)

Understand that there's a value to being able to sit at your computer in the comfort of your own home, search and find just what you're looking for, buy and pay and in a few days, the mailman will deliver that item. You never have to leave home because the other seller does your shopping for you. He uses his car, puts wear and tear on it, drives from store to store shopping, spends hours photographing, listing and writing descriptions and waits for buyers. Once those buyers come, he has to pack, print shipping labels and ship those items.

And on top of it all, he pays ebay (or whatever site) and paypal fees for listing there.

So, yeah, you'll pay more than if you did your own running around yourself going to however many stores it takes to find the in-stock items.

I guess I just don't understand your issues. If you don't want to pay more than retail, go shopping. If you want the convenience of having a personal shopper, you're going to pay for that convenience.

Just from a buyer's perspective, I love eBay. I get so many good deals and discounts on discontinued or hard to find items; it is much more user friendly to me than Amazon Marketplace or Zappos. I've only had one really bad experience where the seller lost my package (due to using shoddy shipping), but eBay sided with me and I got my money back. It is harder to do that with a third party seller on Amazon Marketplace.

If I'm solely looking for something brand new or easy to get (esp if we are talking electronics), I'll buy retail. Like 99 to 100 percent of the time. To me I'd rather fork over the extra money than bid or buy from a third party merchant. My dad used to be a huge eBay fanatic and would buy random things that were "brand new" only to later find out the seller was a drop shipper (and it has happened more than once). I guess he got some convenience from buying through eBay :biggrin:

Reactions: Toby93
I'm fairly certain BeenBurned referred to your post on this very same forum.
Yes, I was referring to this thread:
Dirtbag Dropshipper.

But because in the OP, @N.M.Nevuhmynd also mentioned the "Community Team" which I took to refer to the Lithium mods on ebay's discussion boards. Back on October 31 and early November (at the same time as the "Dirtbag Dropshipper" thread was started, an ebay member posted similar complaints on ebay's discussion boards.

At the time both the poster here and the one on ebay complained about sellers who were dropshipping from Walmart and wanted agreement that those sellers were wrong. There wasn't much agreement because ebay policy allows for dropshipping in the category (home and garden) from which the OP-buyer purchased.

Reactions: carlpsmom
Seller in that thread is not in Home and Garden type categories.

They have 30 Negatives in the last month mostly complaining of the same issue in one way or another. Looks like they've been stung several times by the merchants they're buying from being out of stock. Negs are complaining of orders not being shipped for long periods or the seller cancelling them.

But that has nothing to do with this thread which is about contacts directly with company staff on an entirely different matter. The responses I received were simply childish and showed a complete lack of responsibility. They showed that they really don't care about anyone, buyer or seller or even society in general, as long as they get their listing fees.

But you can keep on assuming if you wish.

Seller in that thread is not in Home and Garden type categories.

They have 30 Negatives in the last month mostly complaining of the same issue in one way or another. Looks like they've been stung several times by the merchants they're buying from being out of stock. Negs are complaining of orders not being shipped for long periods or the seller cancelling them.

But that has nothing to do with this thread which is about contacts directly with company staff on an entirely different matter. The responses I received were simply childish and showed a complete lack of responsibility. They showed that they really don't care about anyone, buyer or seller or even society in general, as long as they get their listing fees.

But you can keep on assuming if you wish.
Your opening post was vague at best. No where did you state any details, in fact said you couldn't get into details and are
calling people immature without disclosing exactly what was said or done to make you state that. So you've left it open to others to assume as they will. I'm not even sure what the point of your original post is since there's nothing to back it up.

In the words of Phil Collins:

"I don't care anymore
D'you hear? I don't care anymore
I don't care no more
You listening? I don't care no more
No more!
You know I don't care no more!"