Over enthusiastic bidder+rare item. In over my head????WWYD??

It's just people who are trying to get something cheap. They know from talking to the OP that she doesn't know what they're worth. That makes it easy for them to realize they might be able to get it for near nothing, and turn around and sell it for what it is really worth.

Ya definitely keep the auction going... What makes him so special that you'd give up potentially a large amount of $$$ just so he can buy them? If he really wants them that bad he'll bid.

Maybe u should contact ebay about giving him ur phone #? That seems very unsafe... Especially since he seems very persistent

He won't make an offer! He just keeps saying "name your price and we'll see if it works out."

Oy!
Leave this loser in the dust and let your auction run. If he really wants them that badly, he can bid like the rest of the people. You may get a lot more than you think if you are patient. That guy sounds like am impatient jerk who might not even come through and be a non paying bidder or something. And then what will you have done - ended your action for nothing?

The fact that you have so many watchers means this is a hot auction. This guy knows so and if you let him buy without allowing the auction to run its course, then you'll see these boots walkin' again somewhere else - for a lot more money!

That's weird. Has he ever bought from you before? Maybe he saved your info.
Just tell him to participate in the bidding, and that it's against ebay's rules to set up a private auction. But you could add a high BIN to the auction and see if someone bites.

I had someone bid on one of my auctions a while back. Although the auction had not yet ended, just because he was a bidder he was able to obtain my info via Ebay's system. Unfreakingbelieveable!! After that I immediately took out my address and home #. I now have nothing under address, and just my cell number it's place.

Agree with everyone, just let it run. I've had this happen before with items I have no idea how to price and I made a decent amount on them.

But ugh, I'm dealing with a similar (NEWBIE) bidder right now who wants me to jump through all these hoops and keeps sending me emails because he wants to buy the shoes for his gf, asking what will happen if the shoes get lost and is giving me instructions on how to send them. I think not.

BTW did you read the thread LVbabydoll has about her persistent shoe buyer? Hope that's not the same guy!!!

Lol I didn't see your post!
I don't *think* it's the same guy because his fb is public...but maybe an alternate name? :thinking:
I'm just glad I don't have my real phone number on there...I will only provide that if absolutely necessary, not to just anyone.

Sheesh girl..sounds like you have a really hot item!
This guy knows this and is trying to jump ahead to first in line..'can't really blame him, though not cool to call you, IMO...
unless he offers you a ridiculous amount of money in the form of a bank transfer, I would let the bidding take it's course.

Good luck!:tup:

I would let the auction run its course.......like you say, it´s not fair to the others who have already bid, and you will probably end up getting more for the boots than his offer to BIN anyway. I would let it run if I were you, good luck!

Kat

I agree w/ most of the posts.
Let the auction run to the end.

If he really wants the boots that badly, he might be the high bidder.

In regards to the comment below, many ebay members have two accounts.
One for selling and one for buying. I keep my buying account - feedback private - 100% positive. It's very simple: I don't want the world to know what I'm buying.

I would let the auction run. I am very wary of overly persistant buyers and even warier of anyone with private feedback.

Leave this loser in the dust and let your auction run. If he really wants them that badly, he can bid like the rest of the people. You may get a lot more than you think if you are patient. That guy sounds like am impatient jerk who might not even come through and be a non paying bidder or something. And then what will you have done - ended your action for nothing?

ITA!

Oh this auction sounds so exciting,I'd love to watch it and see how it turns out!:nuts: