over-discussed but ... Rouge Theatre v Grenat

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
NW and I met up for some Union Square shopping yesterday :tup:

She had her rouge theatre city and I had my grenat work: I was sooo surprised to see how similar they are in color IRL :yes:

My point might be that if you are hunting down RT like a Warrior on a mission-- try Grenat :okay:

Attachments

• reds.jpg
    reds.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 302
LG, unless you have to have that EXACT shade, I'd seriously recommend finding a really pretty grenat :yes:

When we took the bags inside a store, the flourescent lights made the purplish-undertones of Grenat come out and highlighted the more ruby red of RT.

But they were incredibly similar.

And this coming from a gal that was also chasing the RT rainbow! I am totally happy with Grenat and in fact if someone offered to magic make mine RT, I'd pass :yes:

Grenat rocks!!!

Hmmmm, can't agree with you on this one. Grenat is quite a bit of a deeper color, and the two have very different "characters." The RT is more joyous, vivacious, in your face. Grenat is more sultry, sophisticated and adult.

Here are mine, RT on top (broken up by pewter) then Grenat. I love both, but RT is in a league of its own.

attachment.php

Hmmm, yeah, I gotta agree with Deco. I used to have Grenat and I agree that RT is more *vivacious*.. lol.... although I was telling someone else recently that I felt RT was more of a "serious" red compared to Rouge Vif which I think of as a more cheerful color. :lol:

If I can chime in here I want to clarify that they are not exact in hue but are in the same color family and are not too far apart. Unless someone had their heart set on RT, grenat is close and could be a good choice.

^^^ Deco, what is this clever bag-hanging scheme you've got going on in your closet? You can see everything so there's more chance of actually using them and coordinating with one's outfit. I need something like that in my bag closet for my personal collection.

And see my grenat twiggy (that I ever so briefly owned) was almost the color of my marron 04. Nowhere near my rouge theatre. I think this is a case of different dye lots.

Attachments

• marrongrenat2.jpg
    marrongrenat2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 161
All I can say is my Grenat and NW's Rouge Theatre are very very close in color :shrugs:

PS. Deco your RT and Grenat look very different to me; our two bags were way way closer in color :yes: