Over CL am I alone?

Agreed. I don't really wear my CLs and I stopped actively looking for them for myself (I still pick them up for friends when I find a deal - and I wouldn't say no to a cheap pair for myself LOL).

I'm back to being a Choo girl. My Jimmy Choos are hands down the most comfortable designer shoes I own. Manolos are pretty comfortable too but I like my shoes a little edgier.

Have a look at Jimmy Choo, comfortable but still fashionable.

Agreed. I don't really wear my CLs and I stopped actively looking for them for myself (I still pick them up for friends when I find a deal - and I wouldn't say no to a cheap pair for myself LOL).

I'm back to being a Choo girl. My Jimmy Choos are hands down the most comfortable designer shoes I own. Manolos are pretty comfortable too but I like my shoes a little edgier.

I like both as well n they def are more comfortable but I wish they did a little higher on the heels the way CL does.

You're not alone...I've been over them for quite some time. I got swept up in the hype years ago and got two pairs (the most practical ones out there) -- nude patent Horatio slingbacks and black calf Mistica. In terms of comfort, they're okay but I'm glad I stopped lemming for CLs after realizing my money should be spent on more comfortable shoes that I'll actually love to wear!

^

I like valentino too, although I held back from purchasing the gorgeous rockstuds - I just think the studs might end up the same way eventually... maybe I am becoming too sensible and classic LOL!

Me too, I'm afraid the rockstuds will be out in some years…too much money to spend in a pair of shoes that could look dated in 4 years time.

IThe degree of permanent damage a poorly fitting shoe can do to a person's foot is astonishing...hammertoes, bunions, bone, joint and tendon problems...

I hope women who don't feel comfortable in shoes don't use them everyday! I mean, using an uncomfortable but oh so gorgeous pair of shoes once a month is ok, using them every day is calling for future trouble.

YSL, Charlotte Olympia are my two staples that I go for. Can walk for hrs in either desginser.

I forgot YSL, great advice. Tribute sandals are gorgeous but really comfortable even on Italian streets full of cobblestones (ok, you can't run, but still walk without pain), and I recently got the new pumps with pointy toe and no platform, and they do feel great on.

You're not alone here. I was never a big CL fan to begin with, but over the years I have purchased some. About three years ago I got rid of most of them; the only ones I've kept in my closet are two pairs of Simples, two pairs of Pigalles (Love Mes to be exact), as they are classic styles that I can actually wear, and they're all 100mm. Most CL shoes I've tried on are not comfortable by any means nor they are practical (speaking for myself), adding the fact I don't think their quality is worth the heavy price tag, I have no desire to purchase any CLs in the future unless it's something truly special.

Manolos and Alaias are my most comfortable heels. The latter is painfully expensive, but unlike CL shoes, they are worth every single penny.

I have a few pairs and I find them very uncomfortable and they just sit in my closet, I personally love jimmy choo, Manolo and Valentino both beautiful and comfortable. I simple cannot put my feet through agony for that flash of red anymore

I have been wearing my rockstuds and isabel marant boots the most, very comfortable in comparison to CLs. In my area CLs have become very common! and most recent CL styles look very trashy to me.

I still love and wear many of my old CLs - particularly Pigalle flats, Fred oxford flats and several pairs of classic knee high black leather boots - but these are all at least 3 years old and possibly up to 6 years old.
I haven't bought any new CLs in years and don't really look at them in store anymore.

I sold my two pairs of CLs. They were painful (although it wasn't totally the CL's fault- one pair was too small) and I became self-conscious of the red sole. It was just too "look at my $600 shoes!" for my taste. I still admire them on other people though :smile:

not alone. i was never a big fan although i own a bit, but they are in my opinion the classics that never die. pigalles!! i have a pair of boots egoutina that are edgy enough but also classic to pair with anything, then banane python in my opinion it's sexy but with class etc. i've never like those crazy sky high platforms lady peep, highness altadama etc. putting aside the discomfort, some designs are just flat out trashy and i don't get it. chanels, valentino, choo are comfortable and some of my favs

My feel are wider and i find that prada pumps are great for that. Failing which, I think YSL makes good shoes. Alaia is, of course, always lovely (the non platform ones), and I think isabel marant makes good shoes too.

I don't like jimmy choos at all unfortunately but they are more discrete than CL for sure.