Over Birkins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad you're over them!! I wish more people would think like u so there will be MORE FOR ME. hahahahahah (But I definitely don't buy on the resale market and DEFINITELY don't view the fun I have collecting my bags as an "exercise")
Mrs O, Nikki and Fineprint... I totally agree with you ladies 100000000%
We are saturated with images all day everyday but IRL, hardly anyone knows what kind of bag I'm wearing or my scarves.... the only thing they constantly recognize is the belt. But who cares? I don't wear anything for them. Honestly, I looooooove the brand. Every department... so trendy or not, I'm in.

Agreed 100%! I think the hunt and the relationship building w the Sa is half the fun! The secondary market takes all the fun out of that (and ick, the finance person in me just can't stomach making someone else rich due to my lack of patience). I do think the Internet makes them seem more accessible...most of the world has no idea what this stuff is. Also, to me hermes is the anti trendy..few logos, classic styles and quality craftsmanship!

I'm obviously common as muck.
A dear friend of mine's late parents were a "Lord and Lady " although she herself has no title. Despite growing up in a castle she is one of the most down to earth people I know. She and her DH are farmers and work hard.
She has no H and I'm not sure she even knows what it is.

One thing I do concede is this forum is a great resource. Not to insult you but you must be going to the wrong places. Mandarin Oriental Lobby in Hong Kong, Paris, NYC etc. you will see a ton of Crocodile Birkins at that. Cipriani, Zuma, Nobu - all those seen and be seen places, a ton. Hell, just walk around Central in Hong Kong and I guarantee you see at least ten. Knightsbridge in London...
I think you are right about Knightsbridge, there is an abundance...especially during the 'season' when wealthy Arabs come to London to escape the heatwave.

Reactions: Pimpernel
I a
I think you are right about Knightsbridge, there is an abundance...especially during the 'season' when wealthy Arabs come to London to escape the heatwave.

I agree that there are places mentioned where Hermes sightings are regular and the pieces can be rarer, exotics, limited editions, special orders. I know and used to work/ still shop where these places are but having been very fortunate to travel to many countries ( commoner that I am ) these are but a small, small percentage of the remaining world. In the larger scheme of things, Hermes is not common. And I like that.

megt10 said: I think I like being a commoner.

But you did previously announce, albeit so subtly, that your SO Birkin will be your 7th, together with 2 Kelly's and another on the way!

Last edited:
megt10 said: I think I like being a commoner.

But you did previously announce, albeit so subtly, that your SO Birkin will be your 7th, together with 2 Kelly's and another on the way!

what's your point?

as the original common peasant in this thread there is no reason to challenge anyone on this forum about their status. All kinds of people collect bags and everyone referring to themselves as commoners or peasants was doing so in a silly way to point out the lack of class in OP. Most of us would rather not identify with either a nasty loser who lives in his mom's basement or a spoiled brat who thinks his family name means he doesn't have to have manners.

I don't believe any piece of the OP's presentation is real. It reads like a bored teenager who is playing a role similar to "Rich Kids of Beverly Hills." The teen is playing the role of an entitled brat for laughs and personal entertainment in my opinion. Even the lingo seems very adolescent.

I don't believe any piece of the OP's presentation is real. It reads like a bored teenager who is playing a role similar to "Rich Kids of Beverly Hills." The teen is playing the role of an entitled brat for laughs and personal entertainment in my opinion. Even the lingo seems very adolescent.

I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Agreed. It was sort of entertaining, though, especially thanks to the wit of some of our best contributors :smile:

:lol: Good point! I still agree about them Knightsbridge observation though...succinct.

Reactions: champagne_xoxo
Status
Not open for further replies.