Over 40: What's your skin care line/regime?

I'm well over 50 - I use La Roche Posay sunblock every day - I also use Redermic (also La Roche Posay) for moisture and reducing wrinkles - I do Restylane every 6 to 8 months and I'm very happy with my skin - I haven't done botox yet but I really need to get rid of those lines between the eyebrows - I just think $400.00 (Miami price) every 2 to 3 months is very high and I can't decide - coincidentally going tomorrow for restylane. The botox thing is really bothering me -

Well as you can see by my ticker I'm joining the 40 club in just a few weeks :wlae: .

Sunscreen is my godsend.
I do find my skin is a little drier now so I am a sucker for samples of serums and night creams which I use on the outer parts of my eyes and my forehead. I haven't found one I would use over another b/c I'm still experimenting.

Botox: I am seriously going to look into this. I would never consider plastic surgery, but I do have a crinkle between my brows which has been getting deeper since my late 20s or so. I notice on weekends it is a little more relaxed so it's probably do to concentrating at work. I try to wear sunglasses as much as possible so I don't squint. Yes, even in Seattle we need sunnies ;) . I am paranoid of getting that 'you always look angry' look with brow furrows down the road. :yucky:

I am paranoid of getting that 'you always look angry' look with brow furrows down the road. :yucky:

I actually had that! People asked me frequently, "why are you upset?", "what's wrong?", "you look tired", "you seemed stressed", etc., etc.

A combination of Botox and Restylane fixed all that in a jif! :yes:

I just turned 40 so this title still "stings" but here goes:

Botox: I get 2.5 units at the outer third of each eyebrow to lift. I don't have forehead wrinkles or elevens between brows, so am extremely lucky. And it's really cheap if you can pay by the unit!! Now, my 62 yr old fiance Bob gets the full treatment. He does it every 12 weeks religiously and is following the protocol from Canada's Pure Med Spa. After a couple years, it is expected he will not need to do it anymore. Ever! Good thing as he uses a lot - 60 units each time!

Resylane: I love this stuff! Going in next week for touch up. Use it at the nasal labial folds, lips (upper is smaller than lower), and marrionette lines at chin from corners of mouth. May be guinae pig with it injected my eyebrow line for additional lift (hooded lids - avoiding surgery). Bob has bags under eyes and is seriously considering Resylane for that, in addition to his nasal labial folds that he has had done alredy. I've seen it work a miracle on a friend with her bags and a dent that ran down her cheek. She looks like a new woman.

Just finished 5 cycles of the following: chemical peel, photofacial & laser facial (IPL). I am not wrinkly/saggy enough for Fraxel but Bob has had it and it has shrunken his jowels dramatically. It has cured me of my acne - finally, and got rid of my broken capillaries around my nose! Am also seeing continual skin firming. Looking good! Have 5 more coming as maintenance. Did first five cycles in one year. Will drag out remaining over two years. My chemical peel has same effect as dermabrasion but is gentler and will not aggrivate my tendancy for keiloid scarring.

Skin care: I am loyal to Isomers, a Canadian line of products sold on ShopNBC here in US. My oily skin loves their serums and gels. Copper P serum totally reduced the appearance of my large pores! I also love their Chito-Firm serum. Really does give tightening effect. I also use serums that are similar to Dr. Periconne's line but not nearly as costly. Can be found at Wild Oats, Whole Foods and other natural food stores.

Makeup: Bare Escentuals. Will never use another product ever again I love it so much!!

I also go to Canada Pure Med Spa to get my Botox. I am not familiar with Isomers at all. Pure Med did introduce me to Vivier and I love it.

I just turned 41 and for the first time I am going to have a consultation to see what improvements can be made to my skin. I'm going on Good Friday and I can't wait!! I've been doing a little research on my own so I'll let everyone know how it goes....

AJ

I actually had that! People asked me frequently, "why are you upset?", "what's wrong?", "you look tired", "you seemed stressed", etc., etc.

A combination of Botox and Restylane fixed all that in a jif! :yes:

Great to know, leelee! I used to sleep with scotch tape loosely between my brows to get me not to furrow it while I slept, ha ha.

I also tend to get migraines with my periods (mid cycle and end of cycle) and used to take a mild anti-depressant to help relieve that, believe it or not. But if botox provides relief to migraines, nice double bonus! :wlae:

I'm in my 40's and am finally getting serious about good skin care. I use:

Sunblock everyday, and don't lay in the sun anymore. Sunless tanners are great if I want a little color.

Obagi skin care line. Been on it a few months and huge improvement on sunspots, uneven pigmentation, etc.

A little Botox between the brows and sides of eyes

Just did my first Fraxel laser treatment!

Less makeup and more moisturizer-much more youthful looking, (on me) I think...:yes:

Omega/ Fish Oil caps, blueberries (or any other antioxidant), more fish, less sugar- really helps the skin.

^^I posted about the Fraxel on another post.. Hopefully just one more-maybe two more treatments. Each treatment hits about 25% of the skin's surface. I'll let you know what improvement I got after a few weeks!

I'm 48 Just got my first botox 2 mos. ago and want to keep going regularly. I cleanse with my neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser (using it for years). Just started w/chanels toner and a chanel serum, both at night only. Cover with a very light, only where needed moisterizer of yonka for sensitive skin. I've been doing this the last few weeks and no breakouts. Before that skin was acting up. Every morning had a new pimple.

^^ I too have used neutrogena products for, gulp, the last 30 years or so, ha!!

I have now switched to arbonne's anti-aging line (the orange bottles) for cleansers and body lotions. There is a very, very faint orange scent which is just heavenly and doesn't compete with my perfume.

I just got a facial last night and feel completely rehydrated...even that furrow in my brow relaxed a bit. I am going to start getting facials more often now. I've got pretty good skin but the difference is astonishing.

371.Lg.jpg

Here's the Arbonne cleanser I was referring to...