Over 40: What's your skin care line/regime?

And I also recently started using Amore Pacific skin care and it is unbelievable. I've tried them all LaMer, Revive, Murad you name it. This is the first product that I can tell definitely makes a difference on my skin.

My mum uses Skinceuticals regularly, and uses sunscreen every single day. She also uses StriVectin to prevent sagging of the face...which really helps. Her skin is taughter and much tighter. Really really worked!!

You rock!! I bet that made your day!!

I'm too chicken to get botoxed. I'm in my 40's and some of my girlfriends have started. I have really good skin which is genetic and also because as a kid I HATED the sun. I was always the whitest of the white girls in school. Well, it paid off in "old age" not to have a tan in my younger years!

A friend of mine at our CC is a plastic surgeon. His dad is also and does the "skin care side" and he does the surgery. I'm not sure what I'll do. He said the newest thing is called Artofil and they just got back from Miami for a conference on it. But his opinion is to do a one-stitch face lift. I'm nowhere near that but just thinking about options.

Thanks for answering the post!

So much to think about!!!! Who knows what they'll come up with next? Maybe something painless, inexpensive and that lasts forever! :confused1:

I have heard about Artofil. It might just be the next best thing! Fingers crossed!

I am 41 and use the following items:
Eye Cream
Day Cream with SPF
Night Cream
Anti-wrinkle Cream

I like BioElements Sleepwear, Pro Botix and their dual eye treatment. I also use their Flash Foam Cleanser as well as Daily Protector. But, I did just see a story on TV where there was a study done of facial products and they found that Oil of Olay actually worked the best! So, I've been trying some of their products, too.

I love Restylane in the Marrionette Lines and to fill in my lips. We lose fullness as we age so I get my lips filled in just enough to keep them looking natural and to eliminate any lines around my lips. I DO NOT get them any bigger than they have ever occured in their natural state. I hate that look!

I get Botox just around my eyes to eliminate the crows feet.

I have already informed my Plastic Surgeon that eventually my face is going to be tied in a knot on the back of my head!!! haha

Thank you very much for sharing your botox experience. I am in my mid 30's and I have dry skin.. I have used brands like Revive, Darphin, La Mer, La Prairie and etc. trying to get rid of the lines under my eyes. But I don't think there is a miracle cream for wrinkles. If there is, I probably have not found it yet.. Therefore, botox may be my next option. :lol: :lol:

I love Restylane in the Marrionette Lines and to fill in my lips. We lose fullness as we age so I get my lips filled in just enough to keep them looking natural and to eliminate any lines around my lips. I DO NOT get them any bigger than they have ever occured in their natural state. I hate that look!

I have gotten Restylane during my lunch hour a couple of times and NO ONE notices. I am not kidding. I'm swollen and achey, and no one does a double-take. Cracks me up! My friend at work has to stare at me to notice anything, and she doesn't think I look like I've literally just had work done.

Now I'm fearless. And I do get my upper lip filled in but it looks completely natural as we reinforce the lip line and the "11" ridges above my cupid's bow filled in too. They flattened out the first time around so I do this as routine.

My med spa gives a dental block just like they do at the dentist's office. Believe it or not, I have a "thing" about that and bad dental memories, so will only take the topical numbing gel and let them go for it. I never flinch or wiggle (except my big toe). I am an excellent patient!

Hey girls. Sorry I didn't get back sooner....I forgot about this thread LOL !:shame:

Anyway....I've been doing the botox for about 2 years now. So far I only do in between my eyebrows. I just looked like I was mad all of the time with that one stupid wrinkle:hysteric: kwim ??? So I go every 12 weeks religiously and I get "shot up". It hurts only a little bit. I go to a Plastic Surgeon to get it done. I love it. As mentioned it works by reducing the activity of the muscles at the injection site. I guess you can say it "paralyzes" them. This lasts ~ 4 months and then gradually those muscles start working again as the Botox wears off. I have heard that if you maintain your Botox the muscles may "forget" how to work and you need less Botox and/or can go longer than 12 weeks...(so far that hasn't happened to me yet:shrugs: ) I don't think the problem areas will get worse if you stop the Botox. They will just go back to their pre-Botox state when the muscles start working again and are able to frown again....so the wrinkles will return:Push:

There is more info on this website: Home – Official Web Site of BOTOX® Cosmetic – BOTOXCosmetic.com

So Cassidyfit1 would you say it really works? I've thought about it myself, I'm 47 w/really that being the only wrinkle/line. Four months isn't really that bad. I think I could handle that. I guess it must work if you've been going 2 years.

Hi guys--I am 54 and I love Botox. I get it for headaches but my neurologist does the fine lines too, everyone says I look really relaxed. I guess I do:yes: . Anyway, I can't afford really expensive treatments (wish I could). I use the DHC skincare line from Japan. Its wonderful. My skin is normal and dry. Its inexpensive. By catalog and online. Everyone that I have referrred to this line, oldish and youngish, love it.

DHC Skincare and Makeup: Olive Oil based beauty from Japan

I get it for headaches

I've heard of people doing that before. Glad it works for you. Do you get migraines or are they tension headaches? Does your doctor inject the Botox into specific areas to ease the headache pain or does injecting the Botox in the place of the fine lines, in general, work on the headache pain too?

I've heard of people doing that before. Glad it works for you. Do you get migraines or are they tension headaches? Does your doctor inject the Botox into specific areas to ease the headache pain or does injecting the Botox in the place of the fine lines, in general, work on the headache pain too?

Hi Leelee---actually its been a miracle. I have had migraines since I was 11. I weaned myself off all my migraine medications and starting taking Topamax (an anti-seizure medication that works on migraines). I get Botox every 10 weeks. Across my entire forehead, into the temples, down under my cheekbones, the triggerpoints in my neck, shoulders and back. He does any fine lines if I want as well. I have almost none but medicare pays for this because Botox is now an accepted treatment for migraines. I don't get migraines anymore. I may get a tension headache once in a while. My doctor is a neurologist. :heart:

Hi Leelee---actually its been a miracle. I have had migraines since I was 11. I weaned myself off all my migraine medications and starting taking Topamax (an anti-seizure medication that works on migraines). I get Botox every 10 weeks. Across my entire forehead, into the temples, down under my cheekbones, the triggerpoints in my neck, shoulders and back. He does any fine lines if I want as well. I have almost none but medicare pays for this because Botox is now an accepted treatment for migraines. I don't get migraines anymore. I may get a tension headache once in a while. My doctor is a neurologist. :heart:
Thanks for the reply hillarys! What a wonderful way modern medicine has helped you! I was interested to learn where your doctor injected the Botox. I don't have any medical knowledge, but in my own basic way, I think I can understand why he puts the Botox where he does.

I am very glad you have found a way to get relief from your migraines! They can really be a tough thing to deal with. :flowers:

Thanks for the reply hillarys! What a wonderful way modern medicine has helped you! I was interested to learn where your doctor injected the Botox. I don't have any medical knowledge, but in my own basic way, I think I can understand why he puts the Botox where he does.

I am very glad you have found a way to get relief from your migraines! They can really be a tough thing to deal with. :flowers:

Thanks Leelee--I have read that Botox is used for lots of medical things these days. I can't remember now, but I think you will be reading more about this in the next few years. My doc never lets me go more than 14 weeks. I can't believe I am headache free after 43 years!!!!!!:yahoo: