Oval Help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello, everyone. I want a larger oval diamond solitaire. I'm thinking a 2.50-3.00 stone although I have skinny fingers. Oval solitaires seem to be a rare choice for an engagement ring. Does anyone have photos of ovals in this size range? I have a 1.55 oval solitaire, and I've had it for 17 years. Thanks!

2. Here's a photo of my oval....

Attached Files:

3. Will you keep your existing ring or change that up too? Your current diamond is really pretty but I absolutely understand the desire to go up.

4. I am keeping my mounting because my wedding band is its twin. I plan to sell my current stone to help finance the new one. Thanks!

5. Try going on Pricescope and searching for oval diamonds - there should be pics of some in that carat weight. your current ring is lovely - ovals are such a flattering shape.

6. your ring is stunning! why do you want to change it? :P

7. I would go a minium of one carat upgrade to give a very visible difference in size. Hopefully wherever you purchased your original diamond has a good trade-in clause. The store where I work has the deal that if you purchased the diamond originally from us, you get a one to one basis. (Example: if you originally spent $3000, you would need to spend $6000 in order to get the $3000 credit). Good Luck. Your current e-ring is beautiful.......

8. Bagaday, a minimum of a carat is best. :graucho:
    vanbrunsta, I looked at a 3 carat oval over the weekend. My stone was definitely nicer than it. If the need for a new stone diminishes over the next few months, I'll keep my diamond.
    shanam, I will checkout that site.

Thanks everyone!

9. Attached Files:

10. ^^^Thanks!