• You’re crazy, i love them

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • It’s getting repetitive

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters

honey52

O.G.
May 7, 2007
I’m just going to put that out there. It seems like everyone personally is getting married with the same ole 2-3 carat giant oval e ring and a thin tiny tiny pave band from the teachers aid to the marketing girl to the physicians assistant. Then I see it all over IG. Gets repetitive. I wonder what’s the next shape to blow up like this did.

I remember thinking ovals were granny-esque or “romantic”.

I’m curious, what are some of your judgements about stone shapes?

I like them on others, but it's not for me. Wasn't sure which poll option that would be lol
They're on trend right now, has been for a few years. My BFF was pushing me to choose oval when DH proposed to me a few years ago. She has one now lol

I LOVE pears. That’s what I wanted but family and friends alike wrinkle their nose! Then I got scared of trusting men to minimize the bow tie effect.

Sometimes… I wish I had stood hard for that pear. Congrats on your upgrade! Maybe one day… I’ll have one too haha although I did tell myself no upgrades intended.

I’d say, I think pears are more respectable to me if they never hit oval fame. Low key edgey glam similar to the low key elegance of an asscher.

I had a beautiful 2 carat oval engagement ring from the estate jewelry department at Saks. Unfortunately, I took it off my finger on one hot and humid day and it bounced down into a knothole in the (top) floor of the 19th century British row home were living in. We couldn't find it. But I do like them -- including east-west settings. You do have to be careful about the setting though, done wrong they remind me of high school class rings.

Last edited:
I don't like the shape, never have, but I'm a round girl through and through. If I were to do a fancy shape it would
have to be a Pear, or an Asscher.

It is spready for the weight and elongates the finger but I personally do not like the way it sparkles. I prefer larger flashes of light but would consider an oval in a fancy colour. If the trend continued 10 more years I think the old granny ring image will die out and viewed as classic like MRBs.