Outremer or bleu cobalt

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
Hey guys, I need your advice!
I have an outremer city. And recently i just love the new bleu cobalt color. Unfortunately i can only have one of them :cry: so either i let go of my outremer to fund the new bag or i keep the outremer. What do you guys think
I appreciate your help!

subi

Jun 11, 2011
Did you use your outremer city a lot? If you do, then I think you should keep it as Outremer is also a very nice colour. BUT...if you rarely use it for whatever reason ( too bright, not matching your outfit, etc) then I think you may consider a Cobalt Blue because this colour is very wearable IMO. HTH. :smile:

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
Did you use your outremer city a lot? If you do, then I think you should keep it as Outremer is also a very nice colour. BUT...if you rarely use it for whatever reason ( too bright, not matching your outfit, etc) then I think you may consider a Cobalt Blue because this colour is very wearable IMO. HTH. :smile:
is bleu cobalt a very bright blue irl? I do love outremer and it goes with my outfit too. But what bothers me is that it has some purple undertone. I want a bag more blueish. :smile:

subi

Jun 11, 2011
is bleu cobalt a very bright blue irl? I do love outremer and it goes with my outfit too. But what bothers me is that it has some purple undertone. I want a bag more blueish. :smile:
Not as bright as Outremer, the brightness of which is somewhere between an Outremer and Blue Roi. If you are looking for something very bright, you may be disappointed. CB definitely has no purple undertone, this suits your criteria. Is there any boutique near where you stay? As Balenciaga colours are so difficult to describe and changing depending on various light condition, it is best to see it irl? :smile:

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
Not as bright as Outremer, the brightness of which is somewhere between an Outremer and Blue Roi. If you are looking for something very bright, you may be disappointed. CB definitely has no purple undertone, this suits your criteria. Is there any boutique near where you stay? As Balenciaga colours are so difficult to describe and changing depending on various light condition, it is best to see it irl? :smile:
I want sth bright but also sth blue :shucks:
I live in Toronto. No bal boutique here :tdown:
they still havent got in anything new in the department store yet. So i guess i have to wait then.
anyway thank you for your advice Subi!

Apr 4, 2007
Luxembourg
Keep the Outremer, Blue Cobalt is not as bright, I saw it this weekend and Outremer is a lot more special, it's a more unique color, kwim? I think if you're expecting something similar to Outremer, you'll be disappointed.

Jul 2, 2006
Hi Stella 0925,
I have Always loved and wanted the city in the color outremer, but could never get my hands on one. So I finally gave up and purchased the bleu cobalt recently. I can def tell you the bleu cobalt is darker in color and there is no purple undertone at all. I would post up pic of the bag, but don't know how to :sad:. I can email it to you if you like. But I would suggest to keep the outremer if you want a bright color. Hope this helps!

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
Keep the Outremer, Blue Cobalt is not as bright, I saw it this weekend and Outremer is a lot more special, it's a more unique color, kwim? I think if you're expecting something similar to Outremer, you'll be disappointed.
^^I agree; the Bleu Cobalt (IMO) is kind of disappointing. I would describe it as being very close to the Bleu Roi (royal blue). I think Outremer is such a special Blue .. I think you should keep that!

bag'hem all

Cartier Love!
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Here you go Stella

Comparison Pics between Outremer and Cobalt Blue

Outremer is really something special. A beautiful pop of blue.
Bleu Cobalt's leather is more veiny at least on mine. It's definitely not a bright blue
Kinda flat on RH but does look stunning on mSGH.
Hope the comparison pics help you decide. But if I were to choose, I would definitely
keep the Outremer.

Pics taken on Natural lighting...

Attachments