Outlets "Duping" Customers? Say it Ain't So...

All the bags I've seen looked like they were discontinued pieces that I've seen at full price before, in all fairness to Burberry. Some of them are just discontinued or ones that have slight damage to them. I don't know about the clothes though, although I do have a pic of a pair of Burberry Steadman jeans I bought from an outlet a while ago. The quality is decent

Attachments

• 1466969756354.jpg
    1466969756354.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 579
I have both a Burberry outlet store and a "normal" Burberry boutique near where I live, so I visit both very frequently.

What I have found is that the outlet store does carry styles from past seasons that were previously at the normal Burberry boutique, often without any flaws.
During sale season, I have found numerous times the exact same style bags at the outlet store (50% off) that were on sale simultaneously at the the normal boutique (50% off) on the other side of town HOWEVER, the outlet bags all has some form of scratching/damage to the leather. Not one was in perfect condition at the outlet store. When I pointed this out to my SA, she was really embarrassed and confessed that the damaged items were selected to be sold at the outlet location at the exact same discount price!! In another occasion (during the summer sales at the normal store), I have noticed that the exact same style bags were being sold at the normal boutique (50% off) and at the outlet store (60% off), although the outlet store bags did have minor flaws (mostly scratches on the leather).
Sometimes, the outlet store does get merchandise which I had never seen at the normal boutique. I suspect that some of this merchandise is created specifically to be sold at the outlet store and has a little less quality than the regular merchandise at the normal boutique.

A good way to tell the diference between last season's normal boutique merchandise and merchandise created specifically for the outlet store is that past season's merchandise is very limited - they only have certain sizes. When I see piles of shorts or white polo shirts with every single size available and even multiple copies of each size, I always suspect that it was made for the outlet. Lastly, use your judgement! If the regular Burberry high quality of materials, cut and stitching isn't there, just don't buy it. If it is, then you've scored a bargain and it doesn't really matter which store it came from.

There was a bag that I was looking for everywhere for about a year, whenever I found it at a US retailer I was told it couldn't be shipped to Canada but I finally found it at a Burberry outlet when I went in on a whim. It was marked down nearly 60% off, they were doing 20% off everything and the manager gave me an additional 20%. I will add, some of the stuff seems to show wear and tear, although the bag I bought was in perfect condition.

Reactions: celine666666
Hello there,
Hope you're doing great!! :smile:
I'm very new here, the reason I joined Purse Blog is because I had a question in mind that's been itching me since I made this Burberry purchase today evening. I'm not sure how to start a thread which was why I chose to message you directly.

So I went to this factory outlet of Burberry that recently opened here in Dubai, and I purchased this small Alchester bag(Atleast I think it's called the Alchester, my S.A told me it was). One thing I noticed about the factory outlet is that the dust bags and ribbons used for packaging are different than those used in the main stores.
Subsequently, I looked for the bag I bought on the Burberry website and the bag I bought looked very different from what was shown on the website, and this has been bothering me. I have attached an image of the bag, please do take the time to have a look and I'm hoping you'll tell me that there's nothing to worry about!!

I know this was very long, I'm sorry if this took much of your time!!

Thanks,
Rizwana

Hi Rizwana. My apologies for the late reply. That is a great bag!

I am NOT an expert at authenticating. However, there is an authentication thread in the forum. You should post your question there when you're able. I'll try to find the link.

As for the bag itself, just because it looks different, doesn't mean it isn't a great bag. A lot of designers don't have everything on the website, so I wouldn't worry if you don't find it online. Also, it is my understanding that a lot of the products at the outlet stores are from previous seasons.

If you're concerned, just call Burberry?

Enjoy your bag!!!