Outlet version of Dark Fairytale?

Like they need to have an outlet version of Dark Fairytale when they have already sent everything over there and practically gave it away? OMG, it just keeps getting worse! They had a hard enough time selling many of those items for cheap since they had so much of it--seems weird to me to re-do this line for outlet. Dark Fairytale is kind of unusual, was meant to be unusual, not be reproduced over and over. I give up on understanding them.

Well, look at it this way -- the Haring stuff went the other way, didn't it? At outlet first, then boutique? Or am I remembering that incorrectly. The Mickey stuff ... that's hopped enough that I don't even remember where it started at.

Again, I think back to when Coach started their big overhaul a few years ago. I remember people saying that some outlets got physical overhauls at that point, to make the outlets 'look' more 'posh'. (My word, just trying to find a word that captures what I want to capture.) I mean, the bag lines (eg. Kristen/MadisonBorough//Kelsey/etc) jumping back and forth for years were obviously indicators, but I now feel like that physical overhaul of the outlets, at the start of the overhaul, should have been a bigger clue than I realized. ..... Sorry, just thinking out loud.

It's amazing how desperately they want to blur those lines though. I admit it surprises me how far it continues to go, and how unceasingly. I almost want to say they have *huge* cajones .... or maybe just really believe the public is that oblivious. (And maybe the greater public beyond tpf really is that oblivious. Though I hate actually thinking that. Helpless shrug.)

Reactions: Alexa5
An outlet manager told me there will be an Outlet version of the Dark Fairytale line in July. Anyone know anything about it?

And by the way, lizmil, I love that you're able to bring this info back as you do. :smile: You got the 'dirt' on the Rogue going over to outlet too. Your info is good. I appreciate that fact.

It's like Coach is trying to do their very best to get me to stop buying Coach.

(Sorry to sound like a broken record, but .... sales, and SAS ... sales, and SAS ... they are your friend. For me, personally, they're the perfect balance between getting what I want, feeling good about price, and ease of the process. :flowers:. )

Reactions: Tosa22
(Sorry to sound like a broken record, but .... sales, and SAS ... sales, and SAS ... they are your friend. For me, personally, they're the perfect balance between getting what I want, feeling good about price, and ease of the process. :flowers:. )
It is more about specific annoyance with the Dark Fairytale line in particular. We know it is part of what Coach does, but they really did a lot of things wrong with this collection, and are now apparently making the situation worse. But hey, Coach, you do your thing! lol

I'm typically a PCE/SAS shopper but the new manager swore up and down there were extremely limited stock #s for dark fairytale. She even read stock #s to me and told me majority of it was sold out before it even hit stores. I fell for it and bought a lot. Then when the next few PCEs happened all Disney DF was excluded, then skipped SAS and went straight to outlet. I refuse to buy from my manager, I was in during PCE and noticed how extremely aggressive she is with sales with all customers. Feels like being in a used car sales lot.

I bought a few things this past PCE knowing they will probably hit SAS but I'm always fine with that. I typically would rather enjoy an item sooner and for longer vs waiting for SAS. It just super annoys me that DF didn't go through the typical FP/PCE/SAS/outlet path. It just jumped straight to outlet, and at 70% almost immediately.

I'm typically a PCE/SAS shopper but the new manager swore up and down there were extremely limited stock #s for dark fairytale. She even read stock #s to me and told me majority of it was sold out before it even hit stores. I fell for it and bought a lot. Then when the next few PCEs happened all Disney DF was excluded, then skipped SAS and went straight to outlet. I refuse to buy from my manager, I was in during PCE and noticed how extremely aggressive she is with sales with all customers. Feels like being in a used car sales lot.

I bought a few things this past PCE knowing they will probably hit SAS but I'm always fine with that. I typically would rather enjoy an item sooner and for longer vs waiting for SAS. It just super annoys me that DF didn't go through the typical FP/PCE/SAS/outlet path. It just jumped straight to outlet, and at 70% almost immediately.

One thing I've learned is that when they read stock numbers off of the computer (Jax stock numbers), a lot of times Jax will be getting more in as the next few days or weeks go on. "There are only 30 left at Jax" often means "until Jax gets another shipment in from their factories". Even for their special lines or limited things. I've asked for a Jax number, then checked again later, and suddenly the number has burst up again. It's only once the numbers really start going down in the expanse of actual brick and mortar stores, that I take the Jax number more seriously.:flowers:

One thing I've learned is that when they read stock numbers off of the computer (Jax stock numbers), a lot of times Jax will be getting more in as time goes on. "There are only 30 left at Jax" often means "until Jax gets another shipment in from their factories". Even for their special lines or limited things. I've asked for a Jax number chake later, and suddenly the number has burst up again. It's only once the numbers really start going down in the expanse of actual brick and mortar stores, that I take the Jax number more seriously.:flowers:
Yeah, I get that about stock numbers. The manager told me though that when she was sent to a special meeting that she was told it would be one shipment/run with absolutely no replenishment. After seeing how she deals with other customers though I now know better. She seems to just shovel out garbage to try and get a sale. She also refuses in store returns and makes people ship them back to JAX. I'm really hoping she moves on from my local boutique. I will never buy from her again.

>>>I bought a few things this past PCE knowing they will probably hit SAS but I'm always fine with that. I typically would rather enjoy an item sooner and for longer vs waiting for SAS. It just super annoys me that DF didn't go through the typical FP/PCE/SAS/outlet path. It just jumped straight to outlet, and at 70% almost immediately.

I kind of wonder if some of what ended up at the outlets, was shipment that arrived into Jax's warehouses, from the factories, but after the big wave of boutique buying was over.

I also remain convinced that Coach has accounting minded people making these decisions, based solely on cash flow, rather than *any*one who actually cares about customer relations or perception. They figure they're big enough to pull it off, and for the most part, they are. People get frustrated and leave, but there are always new people coming into the brand. Cycle, cycle, cycle. Sigh.

Don't get me wrong, I still love their leather. I have been a customer for years and will continue to be so. :smile: (Heck, I already know that I want to get my Christmas gifts this coming year from the SAS sale just before ... probably another Dinky included.) But there are no rose colored glasses as far as their business practices are concerned. Another sigh.

Last edited:
Yeah, I get that about stock numbers. The manager told me though that when she was sent to a special meeting that she was told it would be one shipment/run with absolutely no replenishment. After seeing how she deals with other customers though I now know better. She seems to just shovel out garbage to try and get a sale. She also refuses in store returns and makes people ship them back to JAX. I'm really hoping she moves on from my local boutique. I will never buy from her again.

Don't assume that corporate was telling her the truth though. Corporate seems to lie to their people, and not even solely out of maliciousness. Corporate seems to switch decisions and change plans on utter whim, dictated by cash-flow, is my guess. I think back to when they pulled the entire Kristen line from the boutiques. That decision was done on such a sudden whim (though I suspect as always it was a financial decision), that they had entire new colors of boutique bags still on order back in the factories in China. Boutique bags, in colors that the boutique never even saw, that went straight to outlet. To me, that speaks to just how "on a whim" and un-planned for their decisions are. My point being that corporate could have changed their minds literally the minute after your manager left the meeting. (shrug)

..... Or yes, it could just be your manager. But I don't know ... with Coach, I really don't trust anything corporate puts out. Haven't for a long time.

Reactions: whateve
Don't assume that corporate was telling her the truth though. Corporate seems to lie to their people, and not even solely out of maliciousness. Corporate seems to switch decisions and change plans on utter whim, dictated by cash-flow, is my guess. I think back to when they pulled the entire Kristen line from the boutiques. That decision was done on such a sudden whim (though I suspect as always it was a financial decision), that they had entire new colors of boutique bags still on order back in the factories in China. Boutique bags, in colors that the boutique never even saw, that went straight to outlet. To me, that speaks to just how "on a whim" and un-planned for their decisions are. My point being that corporate could have changed their minds literally the minute after your manager left the meeting. (shrug)

..... Or yes, it could just be your manager. But I don't know ... with Coach, I really don't trust anything corporate puts out. Haven't for a long time.
I tend to agree with you. My SA was SHOCKED that they pulled everything and sent it the the outlet. She was under the impression that it was a very limited run and if I remember correctly- she even told me employees weren't allow to purchase them with their discount either.

Reactions: momtok