Outlet.... Retail store

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
I"m having issues now with going into a retail store and paying full price for coach. My last few purchases have been via the outlet and I have gotten some good deals. Some newer bags and others that are a few seasons ago but bags I have wanted.
I think the outlet is a safer bet then evil bay....

Do you find it hard to pay full price after scoring at the outlet... How important is it to you to have the it bag"NOW"?

I end up buying more from the retail store just because the outlets are so far from me. I only go to them maybe 3 times a year and they don't always have what I want. If I had an outlet closer I would buy more from the outlet than the retail store.

I usually hit the FP boutiques during PCE, and go to outlet at least once a month.

Don't forget to check out Macy's/Dillards/Nordstroms for good deals too!

Well, I do not purchase retail for the fact that they go to the outlet way to fast - My pockets are not stacked and I like to get a bang for my bucks - if it comes to the outlet SUPER - if it dont - OH Well not meant for me.

My outlet gets NOTHING. All MFF bags. My boutique which is 45 mins from the outlet sends their deletes to an outlet 3 hours away! Plus my boutique has very few deletes as their stock is so limited now. My thoughts are Jax sends all the good deletes to flagship outlets or touristy outlets...the rest of us are in MFF land. If that were not the case, I would wait for bags to hit the outlet. But I buy at the boutique during PCE and at sales at Dillards and Belks

BagFetish, I hear you..
I have scored some really nice FP bags at my outlet. I do think timing is everything. There have been times when there was nothing I wanted at the outlet and times when I scored big time. My only regret is not purchasing the Camel PL Sabrina when it first came out in the Coach Store because now she is no where to be found. At least not at a reasonable price. Evil-bay is asking 700.00 I do not want to pay that kind of money for the Camel Sabrina so I kind of feel if I don't find her at a reasonable price then it wasn't meant to be.
I do find myself waiting to see if my favorite bag hits outlets instead of paying full price at Coach Store.

I can and will wait for a bargain at the outlet. I agree with crazyforcoach09, I like to get more bang for my buck.

It doesn't hurt that there's nothing at FP right now for which I'd pay full price.

I was at my outlet today, there used to be two huge bins of FP store 50% off wallets, there were maybe 20 at best. There used to be shelves full of FP store 50% bags, there was only two small sections. The rest was MFF. Wonder if they are doing this on purpose.

So far I haven't seen any of the bags I've bought at the Coach boutique at my outlets. So if I really want something, I just buy it at the boutique, preferably with PCE.

I have found some great bags at the outlet though...:biggrin:

I dont care about paying full price. I dont like waiting for them to maybe hit the outlet. Plus I dont have access to an outlet. plus I like the rush I get from walking in, and buying it without red ink on the tag lol

this really doesn't just go for coach, but with anything since almost everywhere sales are to be found..

if i love it and i use my best judgement to think whether it is "pop" or not..meaning whether others are going to go for it as well--then i'd buy then and there. if i feel not many pple are going after it, or there are enough quantities..i will wait. but i find when i wait, i usually move on to something else, there is always new stuff out..i have yet to find myself on a "hunt" for something so specific..i might wanna get it if i come across it, but if not, then not.

i don't buy a lot though lately. i only buy something i love and will wear down to the point where i get my $$$'s worth.

i also buy in multiples for "just in case" when i REALLY love it.. cos there might be different versions made later on but its not *the* exact same..but that is rare..to find something that is 100% perfect to me in terms of shape, cut, size, material, etc.

I love a good deal, so I tend to like to find things at the outlets. However, my closest outlet is 2 hour and 20 minutes away (and that's just one way). As a result, I often purchase my items at Macy's or Dillards. I tend to only buy shoes at the actual Coach boutique; that's normally the only thing that really appeals to me in the boutique. Also, I often don't discover items I love until they are long gone for the boutique and/or outlet. Two items I missed out on 65th Anniversary Legacy Collection and Scribble rain boots in blue; if its meant to be I will find them eventually--patience and persistence.

I guess I can have that problem with bags (not to buy it) but I do tend to pull the trigger on some jewelry if I am concerned it won't make it to my local outlet to buy... some of sterling silver stuff has sold out in specific pieces.