Travel outlet malls in italy and france

roxyy

Feb 15, 2012
Hi ladies I'm planning a trip to Europe and am deciding whether to make a detour and go to florence to go to 'the mall' and space prada outlet. I heard some good things about it online but some other reviewers say it is not worth the trip.

Any opinions or advice about florence factory outlets or other outlets in Italy? What did u buy there?

Is the mall and prada space worth the visit to florence? Or are these factory outlets similar to what I can find in other factory outlets in paris (like la vallee outlets, chic outlets) or even milan - are the factory outlets comparable or better in milan?

THANKS SO MUCH!! :smile: any advice for the trip is also greatly appreciated!! :heart:

I've been to The Space and The Mall as well to another large outlet mall at Noventa di Piave (near Venice) which is run by McArthur Glenn.

My experience at The Space was really great. The outlet was very large and nicely organized/decorated, there were lots of sales assistants and I found a great selection of clothes, shoes and bags. Everything was at least 30% off if not 50%.

The Mall was not so great. Some of the shops were very small (Burberry for example) and therefore did not carry a lot of merchandise. The Bottega Veneta shop was large but empty, whereas Gucci/Versace had lots of stock but the prices were still rather high. I expected larger shops, more merchandise and better prices.

The McArthur Glenn outlet near Venice was great. Lots of brands: Prada, Burberry, Fendi, Armani, Loro Piana, Ferragamo; spacious stores with lots of stock (new shipments every other day) and the prices were at least 50% off.

I completely agree with the previous poster re: The Mall. I was not impressed at all with the selection of merchandise, and the prices were definitely on the higher side. Not what I was expecting for an outlet center in Italy!

The Mall is my favourite Italian outlet center and the adjacent shopping area has some nice offerings as well. Also, Fashion Valley is just a few minutes away (at least by car).
So far I've enjoyed all my visits to The Mall and spent lots of money there, mainly on clothing.
In disagreement with a previous poster I'd say that the Bottega Venety outlet is good. There, I bought RTW and accessories at 60%, even 80% off retail. The prices of the bags are reduced less though.

Maybe I just had different expectations. :smile:

The McArthur Glenn outlet near Venice was great. Lots of brands: Prada, Burberry, Fendi, Armani, Loro Piana, Ferragamo; spacious stores with lots of stock (new shipments every other day) and the prices were at least 50% off.

I second the McArthur Glenn outlet... They have a fantastic selection of stores with ample stock... I'm pretty sure I'm there a few times a month! Lol