Outlet bags vs. boutique bags

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
I've been looking at a few bags online, and just wondering:
  • do all MFF bags start with the letter F or can there be exceptions?
  • are all bags sent to the outlet from boutiques stamped with the bullseye or not necessarily?
Thanks for the info. I'm just curious really if I should use this as a measure to help me decide which bag I should consider or not. Of course I'd never bid on anything without having it authenticated here first, but I thought maybe this could help me narrow it down. Or not!

THANKS!

None of my factory bags that I think are transfers , e.g. the Zoes, are bulleye-d. I think with the quantity of those suckers they released they didn't have the time.

Last edited:
My teal Lindsay wasn't stamped either so ITA that they definitely miss some. And yes, all factory style numbers start with F (after the dash), as far as I know.

Yep, they either miss some or they just don't really CARE all that much. I usually have about a 75% chance of getting the boutique transfer bags without the bullseye, but I don't care anyway.

My GF Tamy1119 sends me hangtags all the time cuz' she knows I love em' and just because she's SUPER SWEET, and they must stick to the stamping more on the east coast because ALOT of them (the hangtags) have bullseye's on them, but again I don't care!!!

lovecoachmore---I sent you a PM about the scarf you are looking for, but it isn't showing up in my sent folder, so maybe I did something wrong. I saw it on Wednesday night at the Allen, TX outlet. Their # is: 972-678-0800.

Well, here in S. FL, almost all of the boutique transfers are bullseyed! I would say easily 90%. I have never seen a hangtag with a bullseye though, just the creed. Heck, I have a bag that 4, YES FOUR, bullseyes- one in each corner of the creed...some SA either really enjoys using whatever tool makes that mark or they wanted to ensure that bag won't make it's way back to the FP store.

Most of the boutique bags I bought at the outlet aren't stamped, I think they're just swamped and don't have time to bother (they're always behind in unpacking new bags). And as far as I know, all of the MFF bags have the "F" before the style number, they typically have an "F" before the style number on the price tag as well.