Outfit suggestions for nights out! Please help

PixieGirl

Nov 13, 2007
Ah! I am forever needing help from TPF. It seems any problem or question I have I can always get it answered here.

I always have my day time outfits covered. I am fairly certain I always look decently put together (of course I always wear little single colored strapless dresses so thats not hard to do) however, I always become stumped when it comes to what to outfit my wardrobe with for evening. It is always something I have struggled with except in college where any low cut top and jeans would work. I have lived in a small town in France for hte past year now and w/ very little to do in the way of night time activities I haven't had to even think of something nice to wear. We will be moving to around the Saratoga Springs, NY area in a month though and I need some go to clothes for dinners and nights out with my SO and friends.

I am looking for easy outfits that will never fail me like dresses or tops to match dark skinnies.
A normal Friday night could be dinner and a movie or dinner and a wine bar (although not sure what Saratoga Springs has to offer in that area!) Nothing low cut or ultra short. I am up for prints of any sort or just simple items.

I am 5'10 between skinny and average build with a large chest. I have red hair so bright pinks on top near my hair do not usually work. I am willing to spend up to 400$ on an awesome dress but otherwise my budget is up to 150-200$ max per item.

Examples of what I would wear during the day in the spring/summer are attached.

Attachments

• MyPicture-1.jpg
    MyPicture-1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2611.JPG
    IMG_2611.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 59
I rely heavily on accessories to dress things up. I know you wanted to get clothing ideas, but this may be a cheaper way to change things ups. For example, your outfit with the black pants and peep toes would be great for night: add a bold necklace or earrings and a fun clutch. For the outfit with the black top and white tiered skirt, some heels with an unexpected pop of color and a sharp blazer would work for a dinner out (again a clutch would transform it into a night outfit as well).

I personally love silk blouses from DVF & Yumi Kim, because they can look casual when worn loose like a tunic, and polished when tucked in. Yumi Kim tops would work into your budget. Both DVF and Yumi Kim make bold colors that would look great at night.

i highly recommend looking into nicole miller - she makes a very broad range of reasonably priced, timeless cocktail dresses. one of my fave LBD's is nicole miller, and i get just as many compliments on it as i do on my Herve Leger, Cavalli, etc.

I think you have a great body and will look great in almost anything! I would just recommend trying more things on! I love almost everything at anthropologie for either day or night, so you may want to give that a try!

Thank you for everyones suggestions! I will definitely be looking into Nicole Miller dresses.

Geltea--I really do need to learn to accessorize better. Looking at my outfits with my head cut off I can picture another person wearing them possibly out with a cute clutch and whatnot but when you get in front of the mirror it always feels like a disaster.

Where do I find Yumi Kim tops?

^I think you would look great with a clutch, but of course, feeling comfortable and confident in your outfits is an essential factor in looking pulled together. You could try a couple of super cheapie accessories to warm up, say from H&M or F21, to gauge your comfort level, and go from there.

You can get Yumi Kim tops from: http://www.yumikimshop.com

Keep us posted! :flowers: