Outfit suggestions for nights out! Please help

PixieGirl

Nov 13, 2007
Ah! I am forever needing help from TPF. It seems any problem or question I have I can always get it answered here.

I always have my day time outfits covered. I am fairly certain I always look decently put together (of course I always wear little single colored strapless dresses so thats not hard to do) however, I always become stumped when it comes to what to outfit my wardrobe with for evening. It is always something I have struggled with except in college where any low cut top and jeans would work. I have lived in a small town in France for hte past year now and w/ very little to do in the way of night time activities I haven't had to even think of something nice to wear. We will be moving to around the Saratoga Springs, NY area in a month though and I need some go to clothes for dinners and nights out with my SO and friends.

I am looking for easy outfits that will never fail me like dresses or tops to match dark skinnies.
A normal Friday night could be dinner and a movie or dinner and a wine bar (although not sure what Saratoga Springs has to offer in that area!) Nothing low cut or ultra short. I am up for prints of any sort or just simple items.

I am 5'10 between skinny and average build with a large chest. I have red hair so bright pinks on top near my hair do not usually work. I am willing to spend up to 400$ on an awesome dress but otherwise my budget is up to 150-200$ max per item.

Examples of what I would wear during the day in the spring/summer are attached.

Attachments

GelTea

Coupon Code Stalker
O.G.
May 16, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
I rely heavily on accessories to dress things up. I know you wanted to get clothing ideas, but this may be a cheaper way to change things ups. For example, your outfit with the black pants and peep toes would be great for night: add a bold necklace or earrings and a fun clutch. For the outfit with the black top and white tiered skirt, some heels with an unexpected pop of color and a sharp blazer would work for a dinner out (again a clutch would transform it into a night outfit as well).

I personally love silk blouses from DVF & Yumi Kim, because they can look casual when worn loose like a tunic, and polished when tucked in. Yumi Kim tops would work into your budget. Both DVF and Yumi Kim make bold colors that would look great at night.

ehc2010

O.G.
Sep 20, 2008
Richmond, VA
I think you have a great body and will look great in almost anything! I would just recommend trying more things on! I love almost everything at anthropologie for either day or night, so you may want to give that a try!

PixieGirl

Nov 13, 2007
Thank you for everyones suggestions! I will definitely be looking into Nicole Miller dresses.

Geltea--I really do need to learn to accessorize better. Looking at my outfits with my head cut off I can picture another person wearing them possibly out with a cute clutch and whatnot but when you get in front of the mirror it always feels like a disaster.

Where do I find Yumi Kim tops?

GelTea

Coupon Code Stalker
O.G.
May 16, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
^I think you would look great with a clutch, but of course, feeling comfortable and confident in your outfits is an essential factor in looking pulled together. You could try a couple of super cheapie accessories to warm up, say from H&M or F21, to gauge your comfort level, and go from there.

You can get Yumi Kim tops from: http://www.yumikimshop.com

Keep us posted! :flowers: