outfit help - which clutch??

gymangel812

<3OOO~~~
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
which clutch goes best with this dress (or neither if both look bad)?
IMG_0750_zps055ff47e.jpg

dress being worn:
hl.jpg

i was probably going to wear black/black CL lady peep spike.

First of all, I love both clutches. My go-to outfits are typically very much the same (HL, CL, and Chanel or Alexander McQueen Skull clutches):smile:
That pattern on the dress is pretty bold (in a good way), which means that you should keep your accessories pretty simple. I like the idea of a red clutch, but the patent, quilted Chanel seems a bit busy. The other clutch is pretty, but again, a little busy. If you need to make one of them work, I would say go with the cream/gold, but to be honest, neither one of them is a perfect fit.

thanks so far ladies! these are my only clutch options and i never use my clutches so i was hoping to get some use out of them. if neither look good, then i have a bronze chanel reissue
DSC00917.jpg

or black/gold lace chanel
DSC07488.jpg

that would work too. i could use more plain CLs (black patent peep toe) if it would work better with the clutches.

Lovely dress! I choose the black/gold lace Chanel and the pair of plain patent, peeptoe CL pumps. You and the dress are the stars so everything else needs to be simple (or as close to simple as possible) and function as the "supporting cast". :yes::smile:

thanks so far ladies! these are my only clutch options and i never use my clutches so i was hoping to get some use out of them. if neither look good, then i have a bronze chanel reissue
DSC00917.jpg

or black/gold lace chanel
DSC07488.jpg

that would work too. i could use more plain CLs (black patent peep toe) if it would work better with the clutches.

Again, neither of these are right, but the bronze would be considerably better than the lace, which would be far too busy with the dress.
Out of all of the options you've provided (if you're not planning on purchasing anything new), I would wear the dress with plain black CL peep toes (no spikes) and the red Chanel clutch. Keep your jewelry minimal too. You'll look lovely - the dress is gorgeous:smile:

i agree with everyone else.. the dress is already your focus...
i would go with a plain black clutch - BV has some nice ones if you want a glam look ( based on your clutches/ chanel flaps)
but if you want to go edgy , then you can opt for a pair of black ankle bootie ( peep toe or not) then go for a cheaper alexander wang clutch or even celine trio