Outfit for a Graduation

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm attending a graduation on Friday and I have NO idea what to wear! I didn't go to any of my grads so I don't even have anything to compare it to. It's for a Catholic University.

I was thinking of a dress, but I've tried on so many of the cute flowy dresses that are out right now and none of them look good on me. Anything that's more fitted just seems too formal. Now I'm left with three days and I'm insanely busy so I'm a complete loss.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

2. Hi absolutpink, few questions for you:

What's the weather going to be like?
    Is it indoors or outdoors?
    What's your budget?

3. Are you the graduate or just attending the ceremony? Are you heading out afterwards for a celebration at a fancy place or just "hang out" somewhere.

I was at a grad ceremony last week and it seems that everyone wore whatever they wanted, from dressy to casual. Granted the weather was really nice so quite a few shorts with sandals were worn, including from some of the grads.

4. Weather is supposed to be sunny and hot, it's indoors and no budget

5. I'm just attending, it's my sisters grad for getting her masters. We're going to a party afterwards, but it'll be fairly casual (it's a catered house party kind of thing).

6. Given that your sister is the graduate, and there's a casual house party afterward, I'd vote for shopping your own closet for a dress, or a top & skirt.

7. +1

8. You have a lot of " range " here, I think. You could wear wide leg pants with a blazer ( it'll likely be air conditioned since it is indoors), cropped slim pants with kitten heels and a pretty too/ blouse, a pretty Summer dress or skirt . You needn't wear a dress that's too business- like. I'd go dressy casual.

9. I found out a little more, it's in a cathedral and it's not air conditioned..

10. Select something in a breathable material. If pictures are taken afterwards then wear something that wrinkles are not noticeable as you will be sitting for a while unless you sit around the perimeter with easy access to the exits.