Outfit advice

No offense, but wearing that much designer to an interview might make the interviewer think you are cocky or self absorbed.

I would wear clothes that look good, they don't have to have a heavy price tag. You are what is being considered for a job, not your outfit.

I cannot imagine any Ivy schools in the US or even other private schools would be ok with jeans and color block shirts. And honestly, even if it is casual like other's have said, I cannot imagine people will add up your outfit mentally and gives a nod because it's over a certain amount of money. That is kind of ridiculous. People who have a lot of money can probably bypass the interview process anyway but donating $$ to the school.

Although it would be highly amusing to me if i was the interviewer. and I have recruited for my firm for the past three years and sometimes people wear all the wrong stuff to an interview!

Suits, no stripes, solid color shirt and decent tie. you can never over dress to an interview, it's all about being serious and professional about your academic goals or career goals.

I went to schools both in EU & USA and it was never 'Ok' to wear jeans and a plaid shirt. The Netherlands and your schools maybe totally different. So I am probably out of my element.

The people I interviewed with hadn't a care for LV & Burberry or whom/whatever I had on.(maybe for themselves) What felt best, ie: Great suit, perfect fit, flattering color with gorg scarf. Go with solids. I always though of basics with one personal flair. Because Basic is not me, but classic is. So, I had to remember to bring myself with me. Not miss represent myself. Good classics. Which we all need and most have. This is the time to break them out. I served me well. (Jewelry on a whole is not a good idea. Unless it's your wedding band &/or a basic watch.)

And really really BEST of LUCK!!!!! I know you'll do well!

Wasn't here for a few days and I see a lot of new responses,

First of all it is and never was my intentions to wow a interviewer with a €€€ outfit, my only question was what you would do if you felt comfortable in a certain outfit that is very pricey. And if you would buy all new clothes just because they are expensive and you might make a wrong impression or just be yourself and not try to be someone else.

Secondly in The Netherland the educational system works different you don't have to show up in a suit or formal you can show up in jeans if you like to wear jean. But it does depend on which college you are applying to.

And maybe it is not good to show up with jewelry but IMO it's not that bad if I just wear one thing.

^ the suits vs. jeans debate aside

if you are not comfortable in your own skin. no amount of clothes or jewelry or new items will make up for that. confidence and how you carry yourself is what comes across. Anyone can look like a million bucks with the right attitude.

Even if business attire is not required, I still think it's important to present yourself professionally. for guys preferably with no jewelry, it's distracting. For girls, only pearls or solitaire pendants. You don't want to wear anything that takes away attention from the interviewer.

^ the suits vs. jeans debate aside

if you are not comfortable in your own skin. no amount of clothes or jewelry or new items will make up for that. confidence and how you carry yourself is what comes across. Anyone can look like a million bucks with the right attitude.

Even if business attire is not required, I still think it's important to present yourself professionally. for guys preferably with no jewelry, it's distracting. For girls, only pearls or solitaire pendants. You don't want to wear anything that takes away attention from the interviewer.

Thank you, that's advice I can actually use. ;)

i completely agree with e_nmn_m

no plaid, no jeans.. dress nicer than you think you should, and then you'll be good. nicer as in businessman, not fashion man.

GOOD LUCK!!

i agree. i think you want to have an understated look and be taken seriously- i wouldn't go in with lots of brand names/monograms all over. you want this to be about your educational accomplishments, and not your expensive wardrobe.