Out with the old ...

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
DH stopped at Tysons Boutique to see if they had a white jumbo just in case the ripped chain fiasco with Saks doesn't get resolved. Apparently, the traditional chains are being phased out. (End of the era of unkinked chains.)

Maybe everyone knew this already and I just missed the boat. Must admit I was wondering with the red jumbo with the new chain -- was this a limited run with the all metal chain or is this the end of the line for the traditional.

Upon hearing the news and recovering from the gasp of horror, if I was standing near enough to grasp the neck of the decisionmaker at Chanel. . . Perhaps 50 years from now, they will resurrect the interwoven chain for a special edition. Since the news came from a SA at a Chanel boutique, I'm inclined to believe this is fact -- unless DH's ears need retuning. (It fits with all the price hikes, killing the pink. Wonder what's the next crappy news will be coming down the pike.)

First there was the price hike, then the disontiuation of cambon ligne, no more pink Chanels and now they are taking away their classic chains. What next? Whoever, is making these decisions needs to quit!