Out on the Town (the TOWN Club)!!

I joined the club!! Metallic Edge Town in Navy:love:
I am already trying to decide which color I'm going to get next. Just with the ME style came in more colors
Surprised at how much I can fit in it: key case, Kindle, iPhone 6, small cosmetic bag and wallet (umbrella also)
Got her yesterday and carrying it for the first time today

She's a beauty!

I am already trying to decide which color I'm going to get next. Just with the ME style came in more colors
Surprised at how much I can fit in it: key case, Kindle, iPhone 6, small cosmetic bag and wallet (umbrella also)
Gorgeous bag!

Love your town. Mod shoot please?
Congratulations

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

I just received my very first Balenciaga bag and am so excited to be part of the Out on the Town club! Here is my black mgrgh town:

20121004_160413.jpg

I loved the way it looked on everyone else but the long strap bugged me since I am petite/5'1". I spent two days trolling the web and the forum for ways to fix it to my liking without having to take it to a cobbler or have to do cut-and-sew surgery (that gives me anxiety! hah :P). Tried knotting it but felt it looked messy and was still too long; tried looping one end to the other end but did not like the clips being on the same side... also couldn't wear it cross body that way.

Finally, saw Jumper's pics of how to do it and modified it to where I could still keep the two clips in on each side, still be able to adjust it, and wear it both cross body, slung over the shoulder, or just on the crook of my arm without the strap hanging too low. Without keeping the clip, the strap felt too short to be worn cross body on my long torso:

20121004_160539-1.jpg

20121004_160607.jpg

So happy I did not have to regret my purchase! Thanks Jumper! Already on the lookout for my next COLORED town :biggrin:

Thank you ladies for the tip! I was wondering by wearing it this way, is there any wear on the strap since it's now directly touching the metal part of the clasp. I'm worried about the strain on the leather.

Thank you ladies for the tip! I was wondering by wearing it this way, is there any wear on the strap since it's now directly touching the metal part of the clasp. I'm worried about the strain on the leather.

There's bound to be some signs of wear if the leather is passing through a metal ring of any sort. If you look at any of the old men's day bags for example, you'll see that there's fatigue showing on the leather at that point, which will show if you ever try to change the strap configuration. The more weight in the bag, the more you'll see a permanent creasing/fatigue in the leather. IMHO while it's a great way to shorten the strap (I double the strap on my Hip but the bag's light, the straps' really thin and I don't carry it often) it would be worthwhile having it professionally altered if you'll constantly be needing it shorter than it is. I think you may also end up with a permanent bend in the strap where it's doubled over into the weight distributor.

Me too!!! I'm short & petite frame. Recently got a town and was intending to fold the sling to half. But I don't like the way the other half of the sling was "open" and "loose". So I slot the other half of the sling into the weight distributor piece to neaten it a bit. So 2 parts of the sling is join together where the weight distributor is. See the picture below for explanation.

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

Now the sling is neater. Length is more manageable. I could either cross-body or side sling it. :biggrin:

I know this is a very old post but I saw several others reference it so went searching... however, I cannot figure out how to fix my Town strap like this! can anyone give a diagram or a more thorough explanation/directions? the too-long Town strap drives me crazy when it comes to wearing it crossbody.

I know this is a very old post but I saw several others reference it so went searching... however, I cannot figure out how to fix my Town strap like this! can anyone give a diagram or a more thorough explanation/directions? the too-long Town strap drives me crazy when it comes to wearing it crossbody.
Undo the button hole on your strap and thread the end of the strap through the side of the weight distributor that doesn't already have the strap going through it (the side that sits on your shoulder). Keep pulling until the little button that you do the button hole up on is sitting in the part where your shoulder would normally be, facing upward. So you've now threaded your strap end through both slots on that side. Pull the end of the strap over end of the weight distributor and do it up on the little button, then slide one of the little pieces of leather that holds the strap tidy over top to secure it. Does that make sense?

There's bound to be some signs of wear if the leather is passing through a metal ring of any sort. If you look at any of the old men's day bags for example, you'll see that there's fatigue showing on the leather at that point, which will show if you ever try to change the strap configuration. The more weight in the bag, the more you'll see a permanent creasing/fatigue in the leather. IMHO while it's a great way to shorten the strap (I double the strap on my Hip but the bag's light, the straps' really thin and I don't carry it often) it would be worthwhile having it professionally altered if you'll constantly be needing it shorter than it is. I think you may also end up with a permanent bend in the strap where it's doubled over into the weight distributor.

Thank you for providing your opinion. I see what you mean with the wear on the men's day bags. I'm going to go ahead and have a professional shorten the strap. Thanks again, I always learn so much on this community. [emoji5]

Thank you for providing your opinion. I see what you mean with the wear on the men's day bags. I'm going to go ahead and have a professional shorten the strap. Thanks again, I always learn so much on this community. [emoji5]

My pleasure, I have two bags of my own where I have to have the straps shortened, I need to get on that! You may want to call one of your local stores that carry high end bags and ask them who they would recommend in your home town...