Out of hand...

Thanks all! I'm gonna be wearing the mocassins tomorrow..haven't worn them for a little while.. The downside is that they cut into the back of my foot and it has bled! I'll suffer for Hermes anytime! ;)

[vogue];3538633 said:
Thanks all! I'm gonna be wearing the mocassins tomorrow..haven't worn them for a little while.. The downside is that they cut into the back of my foot and it has bled! I'll suffer for Hermes anytime! ;)

You shouldn't have to suffer for this. There must be a way ....

^Any ideas how to prevent that? 'cos it's such a summer colour, I like wearing them (without socks, of course) with those sharp looking shorts , but I always end up buying Havainnas after a couple of hours. haha!

I love the shoes too!

You may want to put on a piece of small bandage tape on the wound or the skin area you feel uncomfortable. I normally have lots of bandage tapes in my wallet.

Or you may use sand paper to smoothen the leather area which makes you uncomfortable.

Beautiful things, congratulations! :love:
You might be able to have the heel area of the actual shoe itself stretched by a good shoe repairman. I have had to do this with a few pairs of shoes before, and it really made a difference!

Thing is, the back of the shoe keeps on rubbing on my skin and always breaks the skin. Will stretching help? The shape of the back of the shoe is pretty hard. Any way of "softening" it??

I adore all your new items! As for softening... I know the cobbler around here massages an oil into shoe leathers to get them to soften, and a product called "moleskin" can be placed behind your heels to soften the friction.

I say, get thee to a cobbler. They are ALWAYS cheaper than I think they'll be and they've saved more than one pair of my designer shoes!

[vogue];3538769 said:
Thing is, the back of the shoe keeps on rubbing on my skin and always breaks the skin. Will stretching help? The shape of the back of the shoe is pretty hard. Any way of "softening" it??
vogue, one trick I always use when I get new shoes / heels is to rub a candle over the back of the shoe to "wax" it, it helps a lot for me. You could give it a try!

Love your loot! :tup: especially the ring! Cool! :supacool:

OMG love it esp. the ring! did u get the filp flops from the Melbourne sale, i remember seeing a few pairs at our one, i cant remember if they were that style or not. I want an agenda too but i doubt i woudl use it, next year i plan to buy a cheaper leather one and use it and see if i am worthy of an H one, its alot of money to spend on something that isn't used. Can i ask how much that ring was?

[vogue];3538769 said:

I think a good repair person could definitely help soften it. The moleskin is also a great suggestion, though! I had never thought of candle wax, but that might even work too.