Home & Garden Our new home remodeling project

Theren

Plus size Goddess
O.G.
Mar 29, 2010
I wanted to start a thread on here for this. My father in law passed away last week and my husband and I decided we want to move in to his house, remodel, and eventually use it as rental property. This thread will go through the entire process of cleaning out the house, repairs, desmoking the property, renovations, and moving in. Hope you all follow along as the cleaning out will begin this weekend.

Eat in dining room that will be turned into a third bedroom

Back addition room that will be redone, dry walled, and turned into an office/done in area

There is a bunch of potential but it's going to be a lot of work..
I hear you
We did a remodel with help....basically we acted as our own general and hired contractors for much of the work. We started with an empty house so didn't have to do all the cleaning out you have in front of you. It took us quite a while to select our remodeling people. If you're energetic and handy you may get it done faster than we did. I'll be watching.

I hear you
We did a remodel with help....basically we acted as our own general and hired contractors for much of the work. We started with an empty house so didn't have to do all the cleaning out you have in front of you. It took us quite a while to select our remodeling people. If you're energetic and handy you may get it done faster than we did. I'll be watching.

We are pretty handy, I just get overwhelmed sometimes because I don't know what is what.

I do however want to change the locks because my dhs uncle has a key and when we went over there on Sunday, he was already there throwing things away. My DH traces him and asked him not to come over unless him our my bil are there.

Can't wait to see how everything progresses. It really is a lovely home, love the front of the house, beautiful curb appeal. Congrats and how exciting.

Thank you, this will be a fun ride.

We are pretty handy, I just get overwhelmed sometimes because I don't know what is what.

I do however want to change the locks because my dhs uncle has a key and when we went over there on Sunday, he was already there throwing things away. My DH traces him and asked him not to come over unless him our my bil are there.

Thank you, this will be a fun ride.
it's a drag when someone dies and the family gets into conflicts. If the uncle wants his brother's stuff maybe you guys can go thru and remove what you want and let him have whatever he wants after that.

If there's nothing there that you want, you could let him have at it and then change the locks
GL

Reactions: tonij2000