Our Las Vegas Report...

SCL

Dec 23, 2005
A good time was had by all...some highlights...

Saturday at 2:00...Rose, Pelinaka, SoCal, Kou, and Ladystara meet in the Bellagio lobby...natural fjord birkin, black birkin, and black kelly are "signs" that we belong together...

Some get-to-know-you chat before H at a Bellagio lounge...champage, vodka, amaretto sour, diet coke...each has her own "cocktail" preference...

We ask a "neighbor" to take some pics...later examine the pics...hmmm...he appears to have been "under the influence"...some heads/bodies MIA...

Now we are "warmed up"...on to H...

(All, please share your favorite moments...)

Let's see...on to H...where, let's say, they were not quite...hmmm...ready for us...

But a very sweet SA did her best to show us around the bags...

First a brief overview with reference to the leather portfolios...first portfolio is the traditional leathers...second is the exotics...Pelinaka, Rose, and I ask to see the traditional leather portfolio up close and personal...

LOL...I may be too laissez faire for barenia...put a little scratch on a sample...hmmm...may take a bit for patina to develop...

While SA is chatting we scan the bags in the display case...

Ok, I just got back two hours ago and finally had a chance to get online. I know I owe several of you ladies PMs still, I will get to it ASAP! So sorry for the delay, I hadn't been able to get online since Thursday.

Onto Las Vegas ...

It was awesome to finally meet Rose, Pelinaka, SoCal, and LadyStara in person. These ladies totally rocked!! It was also absolutely surreal to see their stunning bags up close and personal, let me tell you ... the bags were gorgeous and the ladies were absolutely fab!!!!

I know I'm babbling right now, but the excitement still hadn't worn off. After we had our cocktails (I had Stoli Elite, I think next time I'll have two shots rather than one), it was off to Hermes we go. I finally get to meet the director and the assistant in person. I also met the supervisor as well. The SAs were actually surprisingly approachable in person and they were helpful. I think Las Vegas is one of those stores where it's better to go in person rather than try to get a hold of over the phone.:yes:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to fill in much about the presentation as I guiltily got side-tracked by my mission to get myself onto a croc list. I spent the next two hours talking the SA's head off in my attempt to squeeze myself onto the croc Birkin list. Well, it didn't quite happen though I did leave her my info. I figure it won't hurt ...

In terms of what I've purchased ... I'm proud to say that I have purchased NOTHING from Hermes! Can you believe it? I didn't buy a single thing, probably because I didn't feel pressured to buy anything. The SA I spoke with (who was quite knowledgeable and helpful) said that she figured my mission in coming to the store this time was probably to get myself onto the croc list anyway (eh, I think she said it jokinginly?:sweatdrop:), I think having vodka really helped. I mean, it made me not care about having to buy stuff and I sure didn't feel guilty for not buying anything.

After Hermes, I went to dinner with LadyStara and her friends. Then I went to see Cirque du Soleil's "KA". Out of all the CDS shows I've seen so far, "KA" has the best music and it actually had a storyline. I love the show EXCEPT for the love story element (I wish they could take it out, oh well). I didn't see SoCal, Pelinaka, or Rose again. I wish I could stay longer so we could all meet up before heading out our separate ways. Nonetheless, it had been a very fun get-together and i'm glad that I finally get to meet all these cool ladies in person~~

And oh ... I believe some of the ladies here need to share their new acquisitions and purchases:graucho:

Okay...

Let's see...while Pelinaka, Rose, and SoCal are looking at the traditional leather book, Kou scans the exotic book and initiates question and answer related to her special order quest...

Pelinaka, Rose, and SoCal move on to the scarves...SA #1 sees the trio is ready to scarf scan...another SA offers to assist, SA #1 invites SA #2 to initiate a scarf demo...

(Note...several SAs have offered to assist members of our group...)

So, request #1...the dancers? (Shopmom scarf reference)
Dancers in orange...any other colors?

Additional scarf requests...pocket squares, lossange (sp), cotton, silk, mousesseline (sp)...let's say we looked at scarves for a while...

Love it...SA opens up the scarf drawers and says to come behind to take a look and try "whatever"...

Hmmm...then Pelinaka, Rose, and SoCal get a bit sidetracked (Kou and Ladystara involved in exotic q & a)...

Let's say there was a bit of sharing related to Secret Santa issues...hmm...hope our "girls" are happy!