our cat just passed away...I'm so sad...

ellacoach

Feb 24, 2007
I'm so sad right now. Our cat just passed away about an hour ago. She was 14 so she was old, but it's still so sad. In the last couple of months she started getting really thin...and we knew the end was probably near. The last few days she was really bad, crying very pathetically and not able to control her bladder. She peed on our bath mat yesteray, she was actually lying there and I don't think she even got up. In the last few days my husband had to carry her over to the water dish to make sure she was drinking.

We got home from work yesterday and we found her in the basement lying next to the litter box. So my husband carried her upstairs and put her bed right next to the heating vent...she didn't move the rest of the night. We had decided last night we were going to take her to the vet this morning...and we pretty much knew that would be it.

my husband stayed up pretty much all night incase something happened and finally came to bed around 4:30. When I got up around 7:30 I went into check on her and she still hadn't moved. She was still breathing though...I sat on the floor and patted her and she was having trouble even meowing. I went back into check on her a little bit later and she streched out very slowly and then stopped breathing for a few seconds and then moved again..I freaked out. I was bawling and ran up to get my husband. He came down and we stayed in with her while she took her last breaths.

She was a wonderful cat and she lived a great life. And our 3 year old son loved her so much so I don't know how we are going to explain it to him.

Thanks for listening to me..I'm just a bit sad right now.

Oh BIG hug... It is sooo sad.... I'm sorry ... she had a great life and brought so much happiness to you
I was just telling I lost my cat... she got really thin too in the end... but till the end she really was happy, never complained and she died in my arms...

Awww...I'm so sorry!
I just lost one of my Peke's new born pups they were born on the 19 and I feel so sad, I can't imagine your saddness. HUGS HUGS HUGS.

I'm so sorry for you and your family. But, you all gave her a great home and she had a good life. It's really hard to watch them get worse and know that they feel so awful Sending good wishes your way!

I'm so sorry--how sad to lose your kitty after loving her so many years. It takes time, but gradually you'll be able to smile about the funny things she did and what she meant to your family.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty. I am glad you were able to be with her at the end. She was able to go on her own time so you didn't have to make that decision. That is the best way. Hugs.

Thank you all so much for your kind words and hugs! I appreciate it very much!

H&H, I'm so sorry for the recent loss of your cat...they really do become part of the family so it's so hard when we lose them!

Bobobags, I just read your thread about your puppy. I'm so sorry. Regardless of whether they are 14 years old or a few days old, it's heartbreaking! I hope your other pups and their mom are doing okay.

ellacoach, my deepest deepest sympathy for your loss... What was her name? I know nothing I write can make you feel better. I am very moved that you were able to let her go in the place she felt comfortable, peacefule, and surrounded by people she was loved and she loved, too...

ellacoach, my deepest deepest sympathy for your loss... What was her name? I know nothing I write can make you feel better. I am very moved that you were able to let her go in the place she felt comfortable, peacefule, and surrounded by people she was loved and she loved, too...

Thank you so much. Her name was Mel, but we always called her "kitty". Silly I know...

I too was glad she was able to remain at home and we didn't have to take her to the vet because she hated being in the car and hated the vet.