Our beautiful Old English Sheepdog just died!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my Jesse so I know just how you feel. You are not alone, we are here for you (((HUGS)))). Please share some pics when are able to.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Roz. I can't even imagine how sad you are right now. Losing a fur baby has got to be one of the hardest experiences in life. *HUGS* to you.:cry:

He is buried in the garden now & at peace. I hope there is a dog heaven & he is romping now with all the loved ones we have lost.

Briefly 2 years ago a vertebrae just disintegrated in his spine, sort of imploded. Apparently this happens for no reason. He didn't fall or get a knock or anything. Just one morning he was paralysed. We took him to the best veterinary surgeon in the country & he had surgery. He was never 100% after, back legs were weak & he could go down if walking on tiled floor or the like where he couldn't get a grip but he had two great years & he was happy.
The last few days his legs got worse all of a sudden & his bladder control wasn't good. We knew that his time was limited & dreaded having to euthanise him. Vet gave pain killing & steroid injection to help him, said the steroid would help the legs but today he just died. I was alone in the house & just hysterical. I just couldn't believe it all happened so quickly, a few days ago he was happy & well & then bang! I haven't cried & sobbed & shouted like that in so long, it was awful.
He was really DS's dog, when I lost my last Great Dane I swore I would never have another to go through the heartbreak again but of course I loved him & it's just as bad. DS & DD are gutted, DD at least can cry DS can't.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words, I don't know what I would do without TPF.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my Jesse so I know just how you feel. You are not alone, we are here for you (((HUGS)))). Please share some pics when are able to.

So sorry for your loss also Cindi & thanks so much (((Hugs to you also)))
I just can't do pics at the minute if you don't mind, in time maybe. The image of him lying dead is all I can see in my head right now. I still can't look at pics of my Great Dane without crying & he is dead a long time.

Oh no Roz...I am so, so very sorry! :crybaby: I'm in tears here reading your post. I have 2 elderly doggies (one that's had some very serious health issues) and I dread that day.. :cry:

I believe 100% that we will indeed be reunited with our furry Angels one very special day.

I am here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on. Again, I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful furbaby. May he Rest In Peace :heart:

Hugs & love to you & your family :hugs:

Thanks so much cjinny. I just cannot stop crying. I so hope that your dogs will be with you for a long time yet.

We still have two dogs, a Lhasa Apso who is the same age as Digby. They were together all the time. he is very forlorn. I have his bed beside me on the floor here, I cry when I look at him also, he will really miss him.
The other is a Yorkie puppy who is too full of mischief to care!

Digby just loved company & attention, he was so very affectionate. I will miss him so much! Just can't believe that he went so wuickly but glad that we didn't have to do it. I could not have borne that!

I really hope that you are right & we will meet again one day!

Please don't push yourself for the pictures. It might help you though to look through your old pics of him happy and healthy. Maybe in time those will replace the pic that is in your head right now. Again I am so sorry. I still cry every now and then when I think of my heart dog, Angel, and she died over 2 years ago. They are just like a member of the family. (((HUGS)))

So sorry for your loss also Cindi & thanks so much (((Hugs to you also)))
I just can't do pics at the minute if you don't mind, in time maybe. The image of him lying dead is all I can see in my head right now. I still can't look at pics of my Great Dane without crying & he is dead a long time.