Oui ou non ?! What do you think about the new Goyard Villette?

Goyard Villette —- oui ou non ?!

• oui — yes!

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • non — no!

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • peut être — maybe ?

Votes: 24 26.1%

• Total voters

c18027

May 15, 2007
As a nod to perhaps one of the most spoiled dogs in history, Goyard has launched a new tote – the Villette! The painted chevron toile tote with canvas interior and two leather handles features Hulot, the French bulldog that once belonged to Edmond Goyard, and was the inspiration for Goyard’s “Le Chic du chien” pet accessories line. Hulot has been immortalized in Goyard advertisements dating back to the early 1900s, and now he appears here, on this new tote, sitting nicely on the train and reading his favorite livre d’histore!

The shape of the Villette is based on the tote Méditerranée, launched originally by Goyard in 2015 (more about that tote here: https://www.goyard.com/en/news/goyard-french-riviera). The Villette measures approximately 23 1/2”l x 15 3/8”h x 9 ¼”d and comes in four colorways: navy, yellow, green, and red.

Rumor has it that pricing includes your choice of 2-3 initials or numbers painted on the cover of Hulot’s book.

Current pricing is:
264,000 Yen
1760 Euros
??? USD

What do you think? Is the Villette a oui or a non ?!

The above information is my original writing, using all of the information I have about the tote, and information and photos from the following sources: Ginzamag.com, LeFigaro.fr. — c18027

Please feel free to add your thoughts and additional information that you may have about the Goyard Villette!

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 3.05.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 7.52.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 3.04.30 PM.png

The reading dog is pretty funny.
Am I the only one thinking it looks a loooooot like the LV Onthego ?
I agree. The shape is very similar to the LV OnTheGo and to other various high-end totes currently offered. I do like that the OnTheGo comes with two optional long straps, which are not possible on the Villette. I'm wondering if I have the wrong measurements for the Villette? I have the length as 23 1/2", which is about 6 inches longer than the OnTheGo GM! If anyone knows the accurate Villette measurements, please feel free to add them here!

Yes, in navy. It’s adorable and looks sturdy and practical. Plus the straps look more durable than other Goyard styles. If it’s not available in the USA yet, I believe shopfrance (who i think is also a TPFer and on eBay) goes to Paris regularly and can pick one up. . . Whenever international travel reopens. . . (I’m not affiliated with shopfrance, but I’ve met her, she’s very nice. and I’ve purchased from her)

Reactions: c18027
Saw these in Paris back in March... I could not believe how ugly they looked in real person. I thought it was an early April Fool’s joke. I would get this in a heartbeat without the atrocious looking dog...

So many designer brands are trying to come up with book totes these days. It must be a trend. Personally I don't like structured bags. Except maybe an Hermes Kelly. Any big bags that is rigid looks funny on me. But I do adore the dog design.

Reactions: c18027