Oui ou non ?! What do you think about the new Goyard Villette?

Goyard Villette —- oui ou non ?!

• oui — yes!

Votes: 35 38.0%
  • non — no!

Votes: 33 35.9%
  • peut être — maybe ?

Votes: 24 26.1%

• Total voters
Yes, in navy. It’s adorable and looks sturdy and practical. Plus the straps look more durable than other Goyard styles. If it’s not available in the USA yet, I believe shopfrance (who i think is also a TPFer and on eBay) goes to Paris regularly and can pick one up. . . Whenever international travel reopens. . . (I’m not affiliated with shopfrance, but I’ve met her, she’s very nice. and I’ve purchased from her)
The straps look exactly the same as the ones on the voltaire tote. They are solid and durable.

• Love
Reactions: c18027 and 880
I do like it quite a lot. But I also like the shape of these current book totes and Goyard's is the most discreet as far as branding goes. If I ever get a book tote it's between this and one of the Dior jungle themes ones.

There are no actual comparison photos or videos out there and travelling isn't my main objective right now to see one in person. What are the measurements, is it really 23 1/2”l x 15 3/8”h x 9 ¼”d in inches, which would be approx. 59 x 39 x 23 in cm.

Just got the Villette yesterday, they offer free personalization so im having my initials on the book. I love all the colors but decided on the green Can’t wait for the purse to arrive. My sales associate said about 2 weeks.
if you feel comfortable, pls post an action shot and any comment on shoulder drop! Would love to Learn more about this!

Just bought the Villette tote this noon from the Saint Honore store in Paris. Got it in Navy blue and though I went in to buy Artois, I just fell in love with this one as soon as I saw it. They’ve asked me to come back in 6 days and collect it once the initials are done. It was priced at 1760 Eur. Love structured bags so this just caught my attention.

As a nod to perhaps one of the most spoiled dogs in history, Goyard has launched a new tote – the Villette! The painted chevron toile tote with canvas interior and two leather handles features Hulot, the French bulldog that once belonged to Edmond Goyard, and was the inspiration for Goyard’s “Le Chic du chien” pet accessories line. Hulot has been immortalized in Goyard advertisements dating back to the early 1900s, and now he appears here, on this new tote, sitting nicely on the train and reading his favorite livre d’histore!

The shape of the Villette is based on the tote Méditerranée, launched originally by Goyard in 2015 (more about that tote here: https://www.goyard.com/en/news/goyard-french-riviera). The Villette measures approximately 23 1/2”l x 15 3/8”h x 9 ¼”d and comes in four colorways: navy, yellow, green, and red.

Rumor has it that pricing includes your choice of 2-3 initials or numbers painted on the cover of Hulot’s book.

Current pricing is:
264,000 Yen
1760 Euros
??? USD

What do you think? Is the Villette a oui or a non ?!

The above information is my original writing, using all of the information I have about the tote, and information and photos from the following sources: Ginzamag.com, LeFigaro.fr. — c18027

Please feel free to add your thoughts and additional information that you may have about the Goyard Villette!

View attachment 4713054
View attachment 4713055

View attachment 4713061
Cute

As a nod to perhaps one of the most spoiled dogs in history, Goyard has launched a new tote – the Villette! The painted chevron toile tote with canvas interior and two leather handles features Hulot, the French bulldog that once belonged to Edmond Goyard, and was the inspiration for Goyard’s “Le Chic du chien” pet accessories line. Hulot has been immortalized in Goyard advertisements dating back to the early 1900s, and now he appears here, on this new tote, sitting nicely on the train and reading his favorite livre d’histore!

The shape of the Villette is based on the tote Méditerranée, launched originally by Goyard in 2015 (more about that tote here: https://www.goyard.com/en/news/goyard-french-riviera). The Villette measures approximately 23 1/2”l x 15 3/8”h x 9 ¼”d and comes in four colorways: navy, yellow, green, and red.

Rumor has it that pricing includes your choice of 2-3 initials or numbers painted on the cover of Hulot’s book.

Current pricing is:
264,000 Yen
1760 Euros
??? USD

What do you think? Is the Villette a oui or a non ?!

The above information is my original writing, using all of the information I have about the tote, and information and photos from the following sources: Ginzamag.com, LeFigaro.fr. — c18027

Please feel free to add your thoughts and additional information that you may have about the Goyard Villette!

View attachment 4713054
View attachment 4713055

View attachment 4713061
Hello, do the straps long enough to carry on the shoulders? Thanks