Ouch my new Ballerines hurt!

tweezer

O.G.
Aug 7, 2007
Okay.. I bought the ballet in the all quilted (Christmas gift to me :biggrin:) and the toe box kills! I know it's the right size (went up a full size) just wondering for those of you that have these does the toe soften up?. Any suggestions on how to break in the toe are? TIA

Sorry to hear this--how frustrating! The ballerinas I have are not this style, so I can't comment on them. I have other styles and they are fine for me.

I have these and what I did was to stuff the toe cap area with newspapers. Make sure that the newspapers are packed tightly and push them in as far as you can go. Change the papers once every few days.

And then wear the shoes for 1 day and give it a rest for the next, keeping it stuffed with newspapers.

I also apply this product called Foot Glide on my feet. This is a god-send! Stockings, moisturisers, vaseline...nothing ever worked for me. My friends always tease me about my `having Empress`s feet that requires a daily milk bath!`

So this Foot Glide producty is really up there on my `greatest invention-ever list`. You should be able to get this in drugstores or the shoe or sports section of department stores.

I too have a problem with chanel ballets (they're not to narrow in width, but the top of the shoe is too tight across the top of my toes, if that makes any sense at all).The only thing that worked for me was to take them to a high end shoe cobbler and have the toe box stretched. My guy was actually recommended by a shoe SA at saks and has worked wonders on many killer shoes. Good luck!

Thank you guys so much!! I will try both the suggestions you had. Carebearz I too have "Empress Feet"..love that:biggrin: and it's nice to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. Thanks again.

I just bought the same pair and I am worried that I may have the same problem as you Tweezer. I'm going to wear them around the house today and tomorrow and see if it gets better. If it doesn't I think I will exchange them for the next half size. I am a 7 and I had to get an 8. It's really strange since my other pairs are fine.