Ottone Cabat - Medium or Mini? Help!

jeshika

I want this one! <3
O.G.
Jul 18, 2006
Hi fellow BV lovers...

I recently got the platinum ossidato mini cabat and i :love: it... and i have decided that the cabat is my favorite style... it just works for me. i also :love: the ottone color alot... my parents, love them to death, have decided to get me a new BV as my graduation present... before they wash their hands off me entirely (I've been supporting my bag habit for years but I've been living off them for the past couple decades and I think they're celebrating! I can't help but feel this is a good riddance/goodbye present!)

So, I've decided that I want two of my favorite things - an ottone cabat... now I have a problem deciding which one I want... I went to the store today to play with the Ottone cabat in mini and medium and they are both beautiful and i don't know what to do!

I've made a pros and cons list of each and i would love your insight... maybe it'll help me decide!

Mini
Pros: I love the size. It's perfect for my 5"3 frame. Even though the ottone mini looks smaller than the PO, it looks great on. It's also less expensive.
Cons: I already have it in the mini. I should diversify.

Medium
Pros: A different size. The SA showed me how she tucked the corners in and it looked great with the corners in and it's a totally different look.
Cons: It's very big. I don't necessarily think it's too big (I'm 5"3 but I'm not teeny), but with it tucked out, I'll be constantly worried that someone's going to stick their hand in my bag. It's also US$1500 more.

Please share your thoughts... TIA :flowers:

I'd get the medium. You can bring it anywhere, to work, on a plane, or for a quick weekend trip. I personally feel that the mini is too small and has lost the original intention of the bag...and I much prefer the look of the medium to the asian size

I sense that you like the mini more. I'm the same height as you, and I think the mini is the perfect size for me.
But if I were you, I'd get another bag since I think you already have an ottone sloane? ;)
How about the cement waxed python bag? It's simply drool worthy!

And congratulations on your graduation! :woohoo:

:huh:h, this ones a tough call. I've personally have purchased a larger bag.. just to "diversify" my collection. I ended up selling the bag 2 months later.. because it started to look silly when i only filled it less than a quarter of it up. If the Mini is just right for you with some room to spare.. than I'd stick with the mini. Keep us posted.. and cOngrats on graduating soon! :tup:...:smartass:

I would have to say Medium. I am also 5'3", but I do have a tendancy for bigger bags.

For me, the idea of the Cabat is that it's over-size and casual and slouchy and comfy, like I want to jump in it, so I like the big size. Also, to me, the bigger is special, cool, interesting. The smaller one seems slightly more like a "normal" bag to me. I am just in love with the Medium Cabat right now.

Similar to Birkin sizes - a 30cm might be better for our short selves, but the 35cm is just such an awesome bag.

Maybe I just really like big bags... ACTUALLY - Chanel, I like the Medium Double Flap BETTER than the Large/Jumbo. There you go, I don't just like eveything bigger!

My vote: Medium. :tup::tup:

xox

As long as you don't think you are going to tire of the Ottone color, I would suggest the medium. It's a more classic size. I have to say I've seen the mini size and it's really nice, esp. the price! In the end, it's what you think YOU will love the most.

Bravo to your parents for a TDF graduation gift!

Oh, almost forgot to congratulate you on your graduation!

Between the Mini and the Medium, I would pick the bag with more yummy leather me to drool over :P I've always been a big bag girl, so I'm bias.

I think you should try to load up your Mini and see if you really need more space. Otherwise, just stick with the tried and tested.

Congrats on your graduation, and such a fabulous grad gift! :flowers:

Congrats on graduation and new job and new life!!!!

I liked your mini, but agree with the rest, go with the medium--when you get older you will probably be glad you did.

that's just my two cents.

I will go with medium. When you get older, you might find the mini too small. Now I can't use many of the smaller bags I purchased during the younger days. Congrats on your graduation and the new bags.

If you really don't cart around enough stuff to make the medium worthwhile, I would worry that you wouldn't then use it in that size. I certainly don't think there is anything wrong having several (four, five...) of the same bag but in different colours/leathers etc. - if that bag is one that really works for you. So I say mini!!

thank you everyone for your kind words!! i'm looking forward to starting work and being independent... but i'm going to miss my folks terribly! i'm such a baby...

about the bag, i'm still terribly conflicted... I do like the look of the medium size but am balking at the price tag. even though my parents are getting it for me, i feel a little guilty making them spend too much! i did think the mini in ottone didn't look as good as the PO, it looked smaller somehow but the mini did look good on.

i definitely want something that will be timeless... and i am leaning towards the medium... but i seem to change my mind every other minute... so i'm going to go think about it a little more. thank you so much for your thoughts... it has given me much food for thought. :smile: