OTK (Over The Knee) boots for a shortie like me - advice needed

missKAILI

Apr 1, 2010
California
I love these! I think they will look great on you, my only advice is that you maybe wear darker color pants/leggings/jeans with them, as to give the illusion of longer legs.

Jeneen

born this way
O.G.
I'm short and wear over the knee... just make sure you have some thigh flashing between the bottom of your dress/top and the top of your boots. I like the look of skinnies, a top to cover your bum, and the boots. Super cute!

roxyreg

Jul 26, 2010
I was skeptical because one of my (brutally honest?) friends told me I'd look ridiculous in such boots as I was so short :sad: But I looooove them and I thought I'd come here and ask for advice from all you fashionistas :biggrin:

juneping

couch potato-ing
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
NYC
depends on your body type....if you are slender built, i think you'll look fine. it's all about proportion.

xikry5talix

kry5tal...get it?!:]
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
depends on your body type....if you are slender built, i think you'll look fine. it's all about proportion.
I agree. Wear an outfit you would wear OTK boots with and then go try a few pairs on. Be honest with yourself because we all have things we can't pull off.

xlovely

♥ loves Louboutins ♥
O.G.
Aug 14, 2010
I'm a shortie too (5'3ish) and I wear my OTK boots often. When I first tried them on in store, strangers were telling me how great they looked!

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
Ooh, this is good to know because I am 51" and have relatively long legs for my hieght but also thought I couldn't pull it off. Here's another question (sorry to butt in here OP), I am 46 years old, though, I look younger (most people take me for late 30s), can I wear them?

roxyreg

Jul 26, 2010
I am not slender - around 124 pounds...I think I might have to go to a store and try it on...

Oct 30, 2008
^I'm a curvy 5'2" and I LOVE OTK boots and even have a pair of thigh highs. It's about how you wear them and your confidence. I say absolutely.