others touching your Chanel bag

This happened to me when I got my MJ Stam - a friend's mum was like "OMG that's so gorgeous! I want to see how it looks on me!" and proceeded to take it out of my hands, try it on and preen in front of her mirror. I just stood there while she swung it from side to side, picked it up by the chain and hung it over her shoulder (I never use the chain, as I carry a lot in my bags and I thought the chain might snap) and scrape her nails all over it. By the time she called in her youngest daughter (aged 8) to "have a go," I thought I was going to have a stroke!

I don't think I could have even let it get that far! There is no way I'd be letting a kid play with my bag!

Someone asked if I could put my bag on the floor so they could sit in a seat next to me and proceeded to pick it up as they were asking me to place it there. Honestly, I am not one of those people who HAS to have my bag in it's own seat at all times, but I was kind of pissed. I was grabbed it from her before she could put it on the floor but why not just wait for me to move it. It really wouldn't have been an issue.

You should have seen the look I gave her! :Push:

for friends and family, i would not mind at all. also to my hair stylist who also adore designer brands, my SA at LV store touched and tried my chanel bag one day, and i let her play around with my bag for a while, other than that, i will not let strangers to touch my bag.

Most of my friends know how much it annoys me so they don't do it :yes:
However, whenever my SO wants my attention while I'm browsing through TPF or something else, he would p!$$ me off by taking my Chanel bags out and playing with the flaps and touching the leather. It makes me get off my chair and I'd snatch my babies off him IMMEDIATELY :Push: (obviously he got what he wanted!! :devil:smile:

My feelings exactly. I love it when people (even strangers) ask to feel/pet my Chanel, especially my metallic 228.

ahhh, I actually love my friends feeling my bag, as (especially with the lambskin) I want everybody to feel it and really appreciate how amazing it is.

Try and think about how many people would have touched your gorgeous bag in the store before you got it ;). I know I am guilty of doing this in every Chanel store I go into, I just have to touch them all.

I agree that i wouldnt necessarily want random strangers just coming up to me and touching it, but how many people, in reality would do that!!!!

Last week I was in a restaurant lounge and I ran into this guy that I know. He noticed my bag and then started asking my opinion on what kind of bag he should get his girlfriend. The whole conversation he kept grabbing at my bag, for some reason! I was so annoyed that I just walked away. Hahaha. Oh well, he was drunk anyways!

wow, dont take this the wrong way, but asking people not to touch your handbag sounds rather snobbish.

It wouldn't matter to me if it was a bag or a coat or what, I just feel as though it is kind of an invasion of space. If they must, why not just ask? I don't think that is a lot to ask of people. I think to just grab something that doesn't belong to you like that is rude.

I borrow my mom's bags, and I know she trusts me with them. She's been able to trust me with them since I was a little kid. I'd sit on the floor and play gently with the turnlock, slide the zippers back and forth, run my hands along the strap, and look in every pocket, like an inquisitive kid would. I'd expect my friends to show the same kind of respect for bags that I'd show even as a kid. If I want to know how something feels, I'll ask before I poke - especially if it looks paritcularly expensive/soft/fragile.
My friends do like playing around with my LEGO purse. I picked it up at the LEGO store in Downtown disney years ago and everyone loves playing with the four outside circle pockets (shaped like LEGO pegs)

Wow, frankly, I'm pretty surprised that people (random people or not!) would just allow themselves to touch your bag w/out your verbal authorization to do so! That's just repulsive! :shocked: I generally have strangers literally asking if they could 'touch' my black Cambon tote (large). So, that's quite a shock to me. But I can definitely understand your mortification upon the matter! My suggestion would just to be candid about how much you don't appreciate anyone else's hand on your bag aside from yours. Hope this helps!:idea: