others touching your Chanel bag

I don't mind for other people touching my bags, if it is a gentle touch. However, I am irritated by other people hitting, bumping to, or scratching my bag. :mad:

ITA, most time my friends who want to see/touch/try on my bags are very gentle with them so i really don't mind. I get very annoyed with people i hardly know who handle my bags very roughly though (case in point, a friend of a friend, who i don't know well at all, started RAMMING her fingers into the quilting on one of my classic flaps because she wanted to see if the quilts "popped back up" after being pressed... i was REALLY peeved!:cursing:), because it just shows a gross disrespect for other people's belongings.

lol! you girls really cracked me up. i'm so thankful i'm not the only paranoid one!

omg, i would usually say strictly, "can i have my bag back now? you've seen enough already! return me my baby now!"

i hate it when strangers (or people whom i know are bad bag handlers) ask to try your bag, i would never allow. i would simply say 'sorry i don't think so'. hahaha, it's not hard to say no, really. you just need to stand firm on saying 'no'! Esp when you know your babies will be mishandled! NO NO NO!

xoxo

OMG:wtf: You didn't let her 8 year old have a go too did you? You poor thing! At that point I would have definitely strangled the woman lol:boxing:

LOL oh, percephonie - thankfully the 8 yo was watching TV and wouldn't get off the couch! In retrospect, I think I did momentarily fantasise about bolting across the room and strangling her with the chain! I suppose if the bag was going to be wrecked, it should have been on my terms! :upsidedown:

ahhh, I actually love my friends feeling my bag, as (especially with the lambskin) I want everybody to feel it and really appreciate how amazing it is.

Try and think about how many people would have touched your gorgeous bag in the store before you got it ;). I know I am guilty of doing this in every Chanel store I go into, I just have to touch them all.

I agree that i wouldnt necessarily want random strangers just coming up to me and touching it, but how many people, in reality would do that!!!!

ITA, most time my friends who want to see/touch/try on my bags are very gentle with them so i really don't mind. I get very annoyed with people i hardly know who handle my bags very roughly though (case in point, a friend of a friend, who i don't know well at all, started RAMMING her fingers into the quilting on one of my classic flaps because she wanted to see if the quilts "popped back up" after being pressed... i was REALLY peeved!:cursing:), because it just shows a gross disrespect for other people's belongings.

Gosh yes, that is so beyond touching a bag, you were quite right to be outraged, that is just so ghastly :sad:

I hate it when other people touch my Chanel bags especially if its on its first outing, I want to keep it good condition for as long as I can and any damage should only be caused by me so I can't blame anyone.....are you the same?

How do you tell people do not touch your bag?

You are soo funny,:lol:
i never let anyone touch my bags, or I will have a fit, it's like letting people borrow shoes:sick:

I can't imagine anyone other than a close friend touching my bags, although I did have a cashier touch my hair once (WTF?!?) so I guess anything is possible. I don't like people touching me or my belongings. That's personal.

if it's someone I know, I can't see it bothering me to be honest. I don't carry bags that are so delicate someone's hands would/could ruin them.
But if a stranger did it, I'd step back away from them to send them a clue that it's not okay.

I can't believe anyone would just reach out and touch a bag without asking first. Friends/family I could understand, but not complete strangers. That's just crazy!

Yesterday I went to a big sale at a large department store over here. Everyone was bumping into my Chanel flap. And I probably had this look on my face which said: GET AWAY from my flap, because the guy at the Chanel cosmetic stand said to me: "oh honey, give your baby to me, I will take care of it while you do your shopping".

The look on the faces of the ladies standing next to me, they must have thought we were crazy:roflmfao:

Actually I believe I've said it somewhere on tPF before.
I just say : "You can look, but do not touch" with a smile, and if they are tempted to go for the touch I just give them the Karen Walker (Will & Grace) look. It always work!

Yesterday I went to a big sale at a large department store over here. Everyone was bumping into my Chanel flap. And I probably had this look on my face which said: GET AWAY from my flap, because the guy at the Chanel cosmetic stand said to me: "oh honey, give your baby to me, I will take care of it while you do your shopping".

The look on the faces of the ladies standing next to me, they must have thought we were crazy:roflmfao:

Let me guess......you were @ Bijenkorf ?:roflmfao: