Other people carrying fakes, how does it affect your LV buying

NOTHING will ever stop me from buying LV ( unless there was something said in a derogatory manner regarding race or sexual orientation by the company) then I am a buyer for life, I don't care who thinks it's FAKE, because I know that it's REAL and thats all that matters!

I buy my bags for me. I really don't care one way or another what people think. One day at school, a girl was carrying a fake LV backpack and she told me she liked my bag and did I know that I could get one real cheap at the flee market? I just smiled and said thanks for the info! I didn't care that her bag was fake, cause I knew mine was real, and as long as I know it that's all that matters.

ayla said:
I don't really look at what people carry - I know I'm carrying the real deal, and that's good enough for me. :smile:

i agree :yes: .

plus, i don't care what other people think about the bags i carry. i buy the bags for myself, and not for what others are going to think about me. heck, i wear them with sweats most of the time since i'm a busy mom.
my lv bags make me feel like this.... :happydance: LOL...

Interesting thread. It does bug me to see so many fakes everywhere. I bought an excellent "faux" Cabas Mezzo on Paradise Island in the Bahamas a few years back (at a store that isn't even there anymore) and I swear I can't tell the difference when comparing it to the real thing. It was not inexpensive, but now it's just sitting in my closet. You know, someone once said to me the key is to have ONE "real" bag and all the rest "replicas," because people will assume they are all real. But that would bug me... I KNOW if they are real or not, and I want the real deal.

My LVs are the real deals, and that’s that matters most. So long as I know I have the real deal I really don’t care what other thinks. However what piss me off is other people telling me why spend so much money on one bag when you can buy a fake for a fraction of the price! In a condescending tone! Now that gets me peeeeedd :rant: :censor: :mad: :smash:

Yeah I do hate that too! I am very anti-fake and I hate when people act like I'm insane for paying so much for a bag, when they can "get me a deal" on a fake that looks "exactly the same."
I only had one person approach me about that and I will NEVER forget it. I was flabbergasted, to say the least.

If other ppl wear fakes, well that's THEIR hideous problemo, but NOTHING is going to stop me from liking stuff that I've set my mind to. I know that my bags are the real deal and if anyone crosses me on that and think or tells me it's a fake well they can just hide in shame for not being able to recognize a quality piece of material. If i see others with a nice bag, I'll compliment them (like the other day when I saw a GORGEOUS patent blue leather Horsebit Gucci wallet) and if I see a fake, I give the owner a funny look cuz I'm 100% against fakes, especially LV fakes!

Fake bags do not impact me or my decisions what so ever. I don't buy LV to impress people so, I could care less if COMPLETE STRANGERS think my bag is fake. It just goes to show that they can't differentiate a real bag from a fake one.

My sister-in-law is the opposite she told me that she didn't like "the brown ones" (I think she was trying to say Mono) because there are a lot of "posers" out there with fake "brown ones".

Everyone is different, I guess.

The reason I buy the authentics is because I can afford it and am willing to spend on it. For me, I would not feel comfortable carrying around a fake. No point getting a fake to show off or use but not do it comfortably and confidently, right? The fakes, from personal experience, usually appeals to the people who can't afford it or people who do not care abt the brand but just want to have a decent looking style bag for a cheap price. So, where do you fall in?

I know my bag is real, so I don't care if idiots think it's fake. And people who are true handbag lovers would probably know the difference between a real and fake one... so I wouldn't worry about the ignoramuses.

mercx5 said:
The reason I buy the authentics is because I can afford it and am willing to spend on it. For me, I would not feel comfortable carrying around a fake. No point getting a fake to show off or use but not do it comfortably and confidently, right? The fakes, from personal experience, usually appeals to the people who can't afford it or people who do not care abt the brand but just want to have a decent looking style bag for a cheap price. So, where do you fall in?

The fakes in Asia are carried by people who want to look like they are wealthy (but most likely aren't if they are buying fakes). Apparently there are also celebrities that like to buy fakes, because they think the more LV or whatever designer they have, the more rich they look. :throwup: