OTC Differin Gel 0.1% for anti aging?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I’ve been seeing an esthetician every 6-8 weeks for years for hydra facial, micro needleing, etc. She has told me the three most important skin care products are 1. CE Frulic 2. Sunscreen (spf 50 for face) 3. Rentinol/Retinoid

Other tips she has given: 1. Lots of water, lots and lots 2. Fish oil supplements

I’ve read a few articles lately that there are some indications that OTC differin gel 0.1% is effective at anti aging (boost collagen, tax discolorations, wrinkles). Differin is a retinoid which basically is the form the skin needs. Whereas retinols the skin has to convert to the form it needs, thus not as effective as a retinoid. Has any one tried this for this purpose?

PS: I will ask her when I see her next. However that is going to be 8weeks due to an I injury.

2. Differin gel is a synthetic retinoid and it was created for treating acne. I think it only became available to purchase over the counter in the last year or two. It is adapalene and it works the same way as other retinoids, by causing skin cell turnover. It is likely to be beneficial in anti-aging but you might see better results from using tretinoin (Retin-A) if you can get a prescription for it.

3. Differin will be a little stronger than retinol but not as strong at Retin-A. I think it would be a good place to start, especially if you have drier or sensitive skin, Retin-A may be too harsh. Differin is a good product for the OTC price.