Ostrich colour change

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. B2A65FBD-7EB9-4459-853E-DF30A43B6B33.jpeg
  2. I think it's very beautiful. I don't really notice anything.

J.T. likes this.
  3. you could try leather conditioner. It will make it look better initially but may not last long. Looks fine to me

4. #4 Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    That's natural and how ostrich behaves, as it ages. As it is used it becomes smoother and darker, looks to me as though the ostrich was the same colour but the flap and body came from 2 separate skins that have taken the dye differently. The quill part is only some of the skin and on larger pieces they have to go with the eye and matching quill appearance rather than the same skin (ostrich can have a lot of waste).

BV can perhaps do something to make it look more uniform, but I would strongly advise you not to do anything to your bag yourself. Leather conditioner will actually usually make it darker.

5. If you bought the bag from BV take it back to them and explain what is going on
    If you didn’t get it from BV contact Modern Leather in NYC and see what they can do for you

Foralldel92 likes this.