Ostrich bag recommendations?

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi there!

I have a NEED for a beautiful, brightly coloured Ostrich shoulder bag and wonder if anyone can suggest anything?

In an ideal world, I'd get a Chanel or MJ Stam, but finances have taken a major :Push: battering recently so am looking for something less pricey.

Are they out there? Under $1000 if poss.

TIA :heart:

2. I purchased an ostrich bag from Furla a few years ago. I think it cost around $500.00. The style of bag is called Brera and it had a really nice pleated/gathered detail. I got it in Italy a few years ago though so I don't know if you can still find it in stores, but you may be able to check on Ebay.

3. Crap, I was going to say Hermes until you said you needed to be price-conscious. I think the Ignes solution is good, as well as Furla.

4. sorry double post

5. Thank you!
    Purseonable - that looks great, I'll keep my eye on *bay.
    Candace117 - Ohh, how I wish I could get the Hermes ;) *sigh*!
    Hipnycmom - thank you for the Ignes link - I think I may have found a new toy! Design my own bag, yeeeehaaaah! No ostrich in the colours I like though.

Will keep looking - it's good to have a mission ;)

6. i adore Loro Piana Ostrich bags but you have to like the styles of the Loro Piana bags. oh i just saw the price factor. Ignes may be the way to go.

7. Naturally, Hermes makes the ultimate ostrich bags. I recently got a cognac Oz beauty from Ferragamo, at less than half the price of a Hermes.

8. I was going to suggest Ignes as well! Don't hesitate to contact them if you have a particular color in mind that you aren't seeing...they are FABULOUS to work with. Ask for Ignacio...

And the Ostrich-embossed RM bags are lovely as well. You can see one at The Hip Chick's website for pre-order, but I would recommend looking at the bag there and pre-ordering from Luna Boston instead (much better customer service, and you can return it or cancel the pre-order).

9. I second Loquita's suggestion - Ignes has a lot of leathers that are not pictured on their website. You only have to ask:smile: