Ostrich bag owners, will you buy another Ostrich bag?

My birdie is still one month old so I can not speak much about it. But seeing my mother's very battered very old ostrich Birkin I would say yes! However, I am downsizing my H collection so I am not sure if I would purchase another Birkin..... Oh what a dilemma! Btw we are ostrich Birkin twins [emoji177]
View attachment 3277137

Honhon, I love your bag and twilly. They are so beautifully together! Hope you don’t downsize so soon! (I told myself “I am done with bag”, a year ago, but I seemed to be doing the opposite.)

i think you go to my control panel and see under pictures and albums but............ not sure ooo i hate not being able to post... on the thread i really need to learn how to do this !

I've H Box, Swift, VC and P Croc an as yet, no H ostrich.

Ostrich is my favourite skin and I know it well, and though my ostrich is non-H they are still great. I tend to go for the colours no one else likes: neutrals, from ivory through tans and browns to black. I think ostrich adds so much to these these colours and just look better and better with age.

Longterm

As Forever said, watch the sunlight (though stored in a dust-bag - handles and all - that's not going to be much of a problem).

More importantly, keep away from grease and that includes HANDS and anything you clean with (just use a clean cloth and let H do the rest come spa time). Ostrich darkens, goes shiny and looks unsightly if it absorbs oil and grease. Don't touch with your hands straight after moisturising, applying lotions, suntan 'stuff' or eating crisps/chips etc. Apart from my black, I either wear gloves, tie a twilly/scarf when carrying by the handle as just the natural oils from the hands can stain irreversibly.

Unlike croc or Box you never have to worry about rain :yahoo:

Papertiger, your comment of “Ostrich looks better and better with age” re-assured me that Ostrich is a good choice and thank you for the advice on how to take care of it.:tup:

Thank you Bagidiotic, Birkel, Papertiger, Honhon, Hopingone, & Love to charm in to this thread; I was a little concerned and wondering about maybe there is no Ostrich bag owner out there, except ForeverInPink, Lol….:lolots:

Wow! ForeverInPink, your bag is so pretty! I love the color and the charm that you have on the hook. You must take good care of it for I did not see it age at all. Thank you for sharing and great advice. I really appreciate it!:dothewave:

What a special little birdie!

Thank you dears :heart:

hfinesse, I can't take complete credit for my birdie's youthful good looks as I only just got her last year ;) The charm is actually just the clip that closes the trim opening, she's actually completely unadorned on the photo :smile:

Ostrich skin retains its structure. I have an ostrich birkin 30 that has traveled with me for years. It still looks new. I have seen vintage ostrich skin Hermes bags and they look amazing. I believe ostrich is a skin that can be used forever with little maintenance.

mea_culpa, thanks for the information. It’s so nice to know that the ostrich is a skin that can be used forever with little maintenance! I definitely love “Little Maintenance”.:cool: