OSCAR NOMINATIONS 2009 ... Who Really Deserves It??

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Im really in to the Academy Awards Stuff and February 22, 2009 is almost here so, yesterday the oscar nominees were shown to the world, I kept havin second thoughts on why great films I saw were not included.

But, do you agree with the list? Which are your favorites? and If you think someone was missing?

heres video : http://www.oscar.com/ but if you want the list here it is: http://www.oscar.com/nominees/?pn=nominees

2. Milk IMHO, defintiely deserved the nomination and it also deserves a win. To me that was one of the most powerful and well done movies I've seen in quite some time. Heartbreaking to watch but I loved it. The directing and the acting was great.

3. I am so happy that Slumdog Millionaire was nominated for 10 awards!!!! It was such a great movie.

4. ^ me too!!!!!

5. BEST PICTURE
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    Frost/Nixon
    Milk
    The Reader
    Slumdog Millionaire

BEST ACTOR
    Richard Jenkins - The Visitor
    Frank Langella - Frost/Nixon
    Sean Penn - Milk
    Brad Pitt - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    Mickey Rourke - The Wrestler

BEST ACTRESS
    Anne Hathaway - Rachel Getting Married
    Angelina Jolie - Changeling
    Melissa Leo - Frozen River
    Meryl Streep - Doubt
    Kate Winslet - The Reader

SUPPORTING ACTOR
    Josh Brolin - Milk
    Robert Downey Jr. - Tropic Thunder
    Philip Seymour Hoffman - Doubt
    Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight
    Michael Shannon - Revolutionary Road

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Amy Adams - Doubt
    Penelope Cruz - Vicky Cristina Barcelona
    Viola Davis - Doubt
    Taraji P. Henson - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    Marisa Tomei - The Wrestler

DIRECTOR
    David Fincher
    Ron Howard
    Gus Van Sant
    Stephen Daldry
    Danny Boyle

ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
    Courtney Hunt - Frozen River
    Mike Leigh - Happy-Go-Lucky
    Martin - In Bruges
    Dustin Lance Black - Milk
    Andrew Stanton - WALL-E

ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
    Eric Roth and Robin Swicord - Benjamin Button
    John Patrick Shanley - Doubt
    Peter Morgan - Frost/Nixon
    David Hare - The Reader
    Simon Beaufoy - Slumdog Millionaire

FOREIGN LANGUAGE
    Der Baader Meinhof Komplex
    The Class
    Departures
    Revanche
    Waltz with Bashir

ANIMATED
    Bolt
    Kung
    Fun Panda
    WALL-E

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dunno about anyone else but....I really thought The Dark Knight should have gotten a best picture nomination. That movie, while a 'comic book' film, was outstanding.

6. im happy for slumdog millionaire too and milk but i really think that Gran Torino deserved at least 1 nomination.
    and also kate winslet one for revolutionary and leo dicaprio and i also think that clint eastwood deserved one.

i agree with some parts of this article http://movies.msn.com/oscars/nominations-reaction/?GT1=28019

7. I think Leo should have gotten nominated for Revolutionary Road he was amazing in it. Kate Winslet as well. The acting in that movie was incredible. However I did not see the reader and I know at the Oscars they only let you get nominated for one role so that is probably the reason Kate didnt get the nom for Revolutionary Road.

8. I would love to see Mickey Rourke take home Oscar for his role in The Wrestler - talk about a come back!!

Really hope Kate Winslet wins also, but very glad Brad and Angelina are nominated so that we can all see them on the red carpet :biggrin:

9. i don't think brad or angelina deserved their nominations. i think they were nominated because of who they are not and not for the work they did. i wasn't impressed with either of their performances. all i know is that i will be very angry if kate winslet doesn't win that best actress oscar. she's earned it.

10. I have not seen many of the movies but I do know Heath Ledger should win for his AWESOME job on the Dark Night

11. I cant wait to see this movie, sounds like a great film.

12. I am curious do actors submit clips for review to be considered for a nomination? I think that is how the Emmy's work.

Or does the Oscar panel of voters just come up with actors and have like 50-100 people to work from and everyone just votes for who they like and they then pick the top 5 with the most votes?

13. I am beyond thrilled that Taraji P Henson got nominated!! She was amazing in Benjamin Button, I'm rooting for her all the way!

14. I'm always disappointed by the Academy Awards...I just hope Ledger wins for best supporting actor.

15. I thought it was really lame that Leo didn't get nominated. :tdown: