Oroton Bags

Hi there. Yes, Oroton is an Australian brand of leather goods and fashion accessories. In my opinion, it is like "Coach" but Australian and less pricy. They are widely recognised quality brand in Australia.
Hope this helps! :smile:

Yes, I am in Australia and would agree that Oroton is bit a like Coach. They have a signature "O" monogram canvas range and also leather bags and accessories.

In the 1970's and 80's they used to be made in Australia and even some in Italy, but I think they are all pretty much made in China now. I haven't bought an Oroton bag for years, but I do look in their stores occasionally and I think everything is still very nice quality.

They have their own stores, plus they are available in David Jones department stores in Australia. They also have outlet stores in the DFO and Harbourtown factory outlets in most Australian capital cities.

I have attached a link to their website.

http://www.oroton.com/home/w1/i2/

I had an Oroton bag and wallet that I bought in the early 90's. They were very well made, high quality, and could stand up to anything. Oroton used to be available in the U.S., then suddenly it just went away.

:ty:Ladies, thank you for all the information. The reason for asking is that I was able to purchase 2 Oroton at the local flea market here(a white tote and a red embossed crossbody) Really beautiful bags!!! Wish there was a way to authenticate them. Will post pictures later.

I have a very nice Oroton black leather wallet with a silver metal "O" clasp, that I bought at TJ Maxx about 7 or 8 years ago. It still had the retail tag, and I think full price was in the $200-$250 range. I would agree, it was about in line with my Coach or Lodis wallets. It is a very nice wallet and held up very well - I still carry it from time to time!

I have never heard of or seen fake Oroton products. Since it isn't a very well-known brand outside of Australia, I would be very surprised if the bags are not authentic. Not saying they aren't good bags or good quality, they just aren't as "sought after" or recognizable as say, Coach "C" print or LV monogram, to be faked. People want a fake of something recognizable, not a brand that most people in the US haven't heard of.

Looking forward to seeing pictures!

:ty:Ladies, thank you for all the information. The reason for asking is that I was able to purchase 2 Oroton at the local flea market here(a white tote and a red embossed crossbody) Really beautiful bags!!! Wish there was a way to authenticate them. Will post pictures later.

I don't think there's too many copy Orotons out there so chances are your Oroton could very well be the real deal. ;)

They have some really classic design and some of them may still be around. Just check it out at www.oroton.com.au

Here are some pictures of the bags I found: I have no idea what they are named.
The Red Bag(embossed snake skin)

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 4,961
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 4,658
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 4,802
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 4,632
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 4,722
Last edited:
And the White Bag:sad:the tag was without flash)

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 4,798
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 4,961
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 4,526
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 4,770
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 4,510
They are both real - I have that white tote in black............ I may be able to find the tag somewhere in my drawer to tell you what it was called. I'll have a grovel.

Oroton bags last really well - my Mum still uses her glomesh wallet from 1981. Seriously. She had it repaired once about 3 years ago. I keep trying to buy her a new one.... but she loves it too much!

:woohoo:! Congratulations! Wonderful finds!!!

I had the embrossed snake skin one in orange. It was my first designer bag! I am guessing it was dated back in the early 2000s. I also remembered purchasing a matching orange wallet too! :biggrin:

They both looked very nice and in such an excellent shape! :tup: Good work!!!

Yes, Mimco are a very popular brand in Australia too - similar prices to Oroton. Along with Oroton, they have quite original designs. Mimco have great jewellery and accessories too. They are also available on-line, but if you are bored one day, scroll through Australian ebay - there is always heaps of Mimco available and they tend to hold their value too. By the way, if there is anyone here from Brisbane, Mimco have just opened an outlet store at the Airport DFO.