Organizing cabinets

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am re-arranging all the cabinets in my house now because I am sure that there are tons of things in them that have either exceeded their expiry date or are on my not-using list now. I am also planning to arrange the cabinets in such a way that it will be easier to access the things. Like keeping the things I use daily in front and the other at the back. Now I am organizing the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. Since it's not something I use daily I am not sure how to arrange this. I did read a couple of blogs about it but I am still tad a bit confused.
    http://mashable.com/2014/08/09/diy-medicine-cabinet-organize/#nEmY1Mk.0mqc
    http://www.dispenser.com/blog/organizedbath/4-tips-and-tricks-for-an-organized-medicine-cabinet/
    Do you have any tips to suggest for organizing medicine cabinets? if yes, do share.

lovely_bag likes this.
  2. I do not store medications in bathrooms.
    Because heat & humidity will deteriorate them faster.

lovely_bag likes this.
  3. I keep a First Aid kit at hands in the kitchen. It contains all I need when I burn skin or bleed. Every household member knows where to find it.
    I store all my medicine in a plastic box in drawer in the bed room. In the past I needed 2 boxes, now I shrinked to 1 (healthier than ever :smile:
    If you use shelves, I would built "focus groups" so you know where to find what.
    Mine used to be:
    # infections (herpes-treatment, fever, flue+headaches, active coal, thermometer)
    # physical treatments (sore back, muscle pain etc)
    # migraine (sickness, headache)

HTH!

4. I just keep daily and emergency stuff in the medicine cabinet. The infrequently used stuff goes in a closet.

Mostly I keep daily creams, deodorant, some hair care and tooth care easily accessible. Bandaids and neosporin in the top right corner. Dog shampoo is in there for emergency dirty dog baths. Makeup is in a portable organizer stored in a separate place. Basically the medicine cabinet contains what I need when I get out of the shower.

I should make space to put my clarisonic in there. Thanks for the reminder. There are things I rarely use that I could move out of there. I have a supply shelf in a linen closet that contains whatever I might need and refills. If I were on meds, I would keep any ingestibles in the kitchen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice