Ordering online vs shopping in-store during pandemic in US?

Pockster00

Jun 28, 2018
There’s a necklace I am interested in. But with the pandemic, I’m not sure about shopping in-store to try it on. Their website says they do free returns. Has anyone had a good experience with their online order and return if they were not satisfied? Would you buy in-store instead? What precautions did the store use? I tried calling but no one ever picked up the phone.

The only reason I want to try in on is to see the length and size in-person (Alhambra sweet vs standard size). But if returns really are hassle-free, I suppose there is no harm in ordering both necklaces and returning one.

I posted about this question earlier in the year and the results were overwhelming to go to the store. The primary difference between ordering online vs. in store is that in store, (if you are getting a necklace with a stone) you can choose your stone. The stones are all natural so they might look different, and have different textures. If you're close by a store, then there's no harm going to the store to try stuff on. In store, you can also ask for a travel pouch and a cleaning cloth, which aren't available with your online order.

By ordering online, you get a massive gift box, which is really nice and beautiful.

I can't speak for the stores in the US, but in Vancouver, Canada, they weren't offering food (incl chocolate) or drinks, only bottled water. You have to sanitize when you come in, and you also can grab a mask at the entrance. They don't say that masks are mandatory but it seems like they expect you to wear it. Everyone in the store were wearing masks, including the employees. They only make one appointment per hour so they can sanitize in between, and when I was there, there were only 1-2 other parties apart from me, spread between two floors.

I debated going into the store to try it on but I just couldn’t pull the trigger to go in-person due to the pandemic. So I looked at tons of pictures posted on this forum and decided to order the necklace in the sweet size (rose gold sweet alhambra). It shipped overnight and the necklace is absolutely beautiful! It is smaller than I imagined but it’ll make for a perfect casual piece.

Pictures are not as good as from a previous poster but it came in pretty packaging.

F9F50B64-80FC-4C43-B43D-B01EDBA93861.jpeg

9A74B386-547C-4AC4-B56F-AFBC5BEFDC5F.jpeg

I debated going into the store to try it on but I just couldn’t pull the trigger to go in-person due to the pandemic. So I looked at tons of pictures posted on this forum and decided to order the necklace in the sweet size (rose gold sweet alhambra). It shipped overnight and the necklace is absolutely beautiful! It is smaller than I imagined but it’ll make for a perfect casual piece.

Pictures are not as good as from a previous poster but it came in pretty packaging.

View attachment 4844611

View attachment 4844612

Beautiful! I ordered the same necklace last week and have been wearing it non-stop. Absolutely love how I can dress it up or down. Enjoy!