Ordering from the On-Line store and always a let down....

mtkarenp

May 3, 2016
Tell me if I'm overreacting:

I live in Montana. No boutiques in my state and the closest one would be around 500 miles from me. I do get my fill when we travel tho! We just got back from Vegas and I tried on the Palm Springs Mini Backpack after having this on my wishlist for a long time. I LOVED it but it was in reverse mono and I really wanted the regular mono.

So, I get home and call the 1-800 number since it said "Call for Availability". They are always so helpful over the phone and placed me on a waitlist. Three days later they called to let me know it was in stock and I paid.

All I've ever ordered thru the 1800 number were a few SLG's so I never really got upset but this bag was way more spendy and I was just hoping they'd take more care in the packing. NOPE.

The bag arrived. The LV box was thrown into a shipping box. NO ribbon on the box at all and no bag included (which none of my SLG's had either, but a girl can hope). I open the dustbag and there is the backpack just thrown in there with the straps attached. Now, I know from watching YouTube videos when people unbox this that the straps in inside the bag rolled up in a plastic bag. It was like this was a return and no care was taken other than throwing it in the dustbag and boxing it up.

The bag is in great shape, I'm not complaining about that. I just feel since I'm paying the same money as someone in a boutique I should be able to have the same experience. How about a bow? Throw me in a bag (I have yet to acquire a new bag since they changed). How about some perfume samples which most everyone seems to get at the boutique?? Take some care when sending me my bag.

My hubby ordered me a small piece of jewelry from Cartier last year from my birthday thru their online store. It came beautifully wrapped with the seal (like they do in the stores). They included the pretty bag and even another wrapped box with perfume samples. I was blown away and opening that on my birthday made me feel so special.

I just feel so let down. I emailed them last week with my experience and have yet to even hear back. Things like this make me question my loyalty to LV.

You are right, you pay the same money i would expect the same care. I would of taken pictures and emailed LV, explaining as you said while the bag condition hasn't been harmed, you are a little disappointed that the package seems to have been thrown together. I have a brand new LV bag that has cost over £1300 coming to me in a day or two ordered online & if things aren't right i will be emailing LV. I want my purchases to be perfect & at the price of the goods it should be a pleasant experience not a disappointing one.

Reactions: clarabellaZ
You are right, you pay the same money i would expect the same care. I would of taken pictures and emailed LV, explaining as you said while the bag condition hasn't been harmed, you are a little disappointed that the package seems to have been thrown together. I have a brand new LV bag that has cost over £1300 coming to me in a day or two ordered online & if things aren't right i will be emailing LV. I want my purchases to be perfect & at the price of the goods it should be a pleasant experience not a disappointing one.

Thanks April. I just wanted to see if I was overreacting. I emailed them last Thursday and haven't heard a thing. I don't know what makes me more upset now....the packaging or the fact they are ignoring my email. I had to save a long time for this bag and was so deflated when I opened the box. :sad:

Reactions: clarabellaZ
Thanks April. I just wanted to see if I was overreacting. I emailed them last Thursday and haven't heard a thing. I don't know what makes me more upset now....the packaging or the fact they are ignoring my email. I had to save a long time for this bag and was so deflated when I opened the box. :sad:
Give them a couple of days. They do answer emails but it takes a little bit of patience.

Reactions: prepster
You're lucky. I've ordered 3 SLG's and this Palm Springs Mini in the past year and none of mine came with a ribbon.
Although Gucci after sales services are absolutely horrendous, I must say that their website offers the option to request a gift wrapping. Maybe Louis Vuitton should do the same? I mean, in most cases I don't care about the ribbon or the box because they end up in the trash, but when it's for a gift, it should be wrapped properly.

Reactions: Aliluvlv
I ordered few items online. None came with ribbons. I ordered one near Christmas time and I didn't get any holiday package either. Fortunately, all items were in good condition. I'd rather have perfect bags than ribbons. Of course, I would appreciate more if I can get both. Not sure if it's the right thing to do, but I learned to lower my expectation.

i get it, and have had this happen, too, but online and in-store and not the same. you really cannot have that same expectation of customer service b/c your item is being boxed in a warehouse someplace by a (likely) minimum-wage packer and not by an LV sales associate. my recent LV online item also came in the box with no bubble wrap and no padding, just thrown in their LV box. i was like.. ok, this is not lux, lol. it's disappointing that a company charging so much for its items doesn't care how the item is received. it reflects on their image for sure, and kind of affects how you feel initially about the item. to be, fair, A LOT of companies have poor online packing - Balenciaga, Coach, etc. - they just throw stuff into boxes with no padding or care. it's not just LV that does this. i always think about rain and what could happen to an item when/if rain gets in a box where the item is so carelessly packaged.

Whilst I understand your disappointment, I have to say I don't think this would bother me personally. At the end of the day, it's just less for me to throw in the recycling bin. Give LV a few days to reply - they always do.

The lack of ribbon wouldn't bother me as such but if the item appears to have just thrown in the gift box and something like the handles weren't protected as to stop any markings on the canvas in transist then i would be disappointed. I would expect my goods to be properly packaged.

Reactions: wee drop o bush
Once I ordered something(not from LV) and it didn't even come in a shipping box. The company literally just stuck a shipping label on the item's box and sent it on its merry way!

I'm sorry you were disappointed. Maybe in future you can specifically request that the item come with bag and ribbon? Also I have ordered directly from a store in the past and my bag came nicely packaged, I wonder if this makes a difference versus just ordering online? I'm the type of gal that loves pretty packaging so I feel your pain. Also my cats love playing with the LV ribbons and they love the boxes too so in my house these items do not go to waste.

I too live hours from an LV store. The few SLGs I've ordered online have came in a box, but no ribbon or bag or anything else.

I ordered a simple silver chain from Tiffany and Co. recently. The box was wrapped in white ribbon and a shopping bag was included. I may have had the option to indicate it was a gift, but can't remember. It was nice to have the extras and care given to the details.

All my online purchases come with a box and ribbon, never an LV gift bag or free perfume samples though. I must say it would niggle me a bit if things didn't come nicely packaged; it's all part of the paraphernalia of treating myself to something special I suppose. I think the straps being on and able to rub/squish against the bag during transit is inexcusable though, and would more than niggle me.