Ordering from Neiman Marcus by Phone

ihavetoomany

Chanel/Loub addict
Jul 21, 2008
USA
Hey Gals-

A question for you. I am about to order a bag from NM Short Hills this weekend over the phone.

I am curious as to my bag is going to be a display bag or not. I have asked my SA and she says that she is going to have to get it shipped to me from another store, so this makes me nervous.

I really don't want a display bag that might be scratched or dirty/handled.

Does anyone have any experience with this? What should I do?

Thanks

AMJ

~More CHANEL~
O.G.
Jan 5, 2009
CA
Ask you NM SA to make a phone call to the store where your bag will be shipped from - make sure they ship a new bag. I always make myself clear that I need a brand new bag - otherwise I will return it. It happened once that I received a Chanel bag with defect and I called my SA right away. I asked her to schedule a pick up for me with no charge and exchanged a new one.

I<3Coco

Jul 17, 2010
In the heart of Coco!
I'm not sure how the NM ordering process works if you're an SA ordering it from another store but if its anything like ours at Saks you should be able to see what stores have more than one. Tell your SA you want one from the store that has the most, or to at least put in the instructions that you want it completely inspected before it is rung. Good luck!!

lovesbmw

O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
Tennessee
All of the Chanel purses i"ve orderes and SA has had to get from another store or the warehouse is always new, in box and wrapped in plastic

ihavetoomany

Chanel/Loub addict
Jul 21, 2008
USA
Okay, to piggy-back on this question- I decided on a bag that has not come in yet. I told my SA to call me the second it comes in and I will pay. Well, she has now emailed me asking that I provide my NM credit card number to her so that she can immediately ring up the bag when it comes in or else "it might be too late for me to get the bag".

Is this normal? I don't know how I feel about just emailing my CC number to someone. Any advice/thoughts/experience? Thanks!

babyontheway

May 10, 2009
This is the only way for her to ring the bag for you- she can put in a request to the system and if it is in stock, the system will charge your card. It is the only way to "hold" a bag for you. I have done this and don't worry, it is common practice