Ordering "backordered" items.

First, I hope I am in the right place, and that it is okay to post a question regarding backordered items.

The particular bag I plan on getting is backordered, and has been "pushed" farther back at least once.

Could someone explain to me what this means if I were to order the bag and it gets pushed back again? Is it worth it to even order something backordered?

First, I hope I am in the right place, and that it is okay to post a question regarding backordered items.

The particular bag I plan on getting is backordered, and has been "pushed" farther back at least once.

Could someone explain to me what this means if I were to order the bag and it gets pushed back again? Is it worth it to even order something backordered?
It's worth a shot....and you have nothing to lose. Some of us just had a successful outcome with a similar backorder situation with Saks.

However, I have had backorders with other retailers not work out.

Reactions: areyoulistening
They don’t charge your payment method until they are filling the order. I bought a bag recently that was backordered up to 4 months, but it shipped about 8 or 9 days later. I paid with PayPal. No issues whatsoever. It might vary by country? I’m in Australia. Based on that experience I imagine the timelines estimated are pretty conservative. The bag I ordered is now unavailable online, so definitely order your bag.

I'm getting ready to order.. probably this week. The bag is still backordered (it's this one). I am reluctant to order because it IS backordered, but I don't really see it anywhere. (Any help finding this bag in stock somewhere else?)

Funny thing, I wanted the same bag for my birthday on the 6th and saw it was on backorder online. I decided to call the store and they just received a shipment. The SA put it on hold and I picked it up later that day. If you live close to a store try giving them a call. You just never know.

Funny thing, I wanted the same bag for my birthday on the 6th and saw it was on backorder online. I decided to call the store and they just received a shipment. The SA put it on hold and I picked it up later that day. If you live close to a store try giving them a call. You just never know.
Ah, I wish I lived close to a store, but I don't. I'm super glad it worked out for you! Crossing my fingers I can find this bag in stock. :smile: