Ordering a new 28cm Kelly and ...

gracekelly

The Red Queen
O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
At the endless urging of my SA I am going to order a 28cm Kelly in black chevre in the sellier style. I know I want Palladium hardware , but I am stumped at what else I should do to it as a special order. Should I get contrast stitching? A colored lining and what color? Would love to get some fabulous ideas from my fellow H lovers!

I did something similar to what Kat suggested - for my SO Birkin, I asked for black, but with rose shocking stitching and piping. I love black and pink together. I think black with any of the reds would be very pretty too, or with vert anis.

I don't like black with orange since it looks too Halloweeny.

Although I am partial to contrast stitching on sellier kellys, I think I would hesitate to have contrast stitching on black chevre. Black chevre just needs to go with black stitching, IMO. It looks best to keep its classic beauty.

As for interior lining ... I would be more adventurous and go for rose shocking lining.;)

A contrast stiching would be nice as it makes the outline of the bag more clear...and GH/PH would very much depends on your preference..

A colored lining would be a bonus ;)

I'd keep the chevre with black on black stitching and jazz up the interior.....in fact, I 'd go with Ruthenium instead of Palladium to give the bag a little edge.

Black exterior, Ruthenium hardware, Etoupe lining.......

I'm with Shopmom and Greentea- I would keep the stitching black on black, and spice it up with a gorgeous pop of color for the lining, whether it would be fuschia, vert anis, rouge H, etc.- it would be STUNNING!

I'm with Shopmom and Greentea- I would keep the stitching black on black, and spice it up with a gorgeous pop of color for the lining, whether it would be fuschia, vert anis, rouge H, etc.- it would be STUNNING!

Living vicariously here, but tha'ts what I would do too...No, wait, thats what I WILL DO--someday! (note to self: must remember to visualize)

Black on black is very classic, and I love love love a surprise when I open my bag. Fuschia would be amazing, or raisin???

What fun to have to make this choice!!

I think white stitching on black would make your black chevre kelly less versatile (it would look less dressy for those nights out)... perhaps instead of white, the stitching can be a shade lighter than black... say graphite... just to show off the sellier-ness of your kelly... I personally love pink and black so would go for a fuschia or rose shocking lining