Ordered from Balenciaga UK, order status 'on hold'

xbabe82517

O.G.
Jul 19, 2010
I purchased a Papyrus GSH City on Friday night from Bal UK website. They didn't take the money but they usually take a few days anyway and my order details showed an estimated delivery date of 22nd Dec but on Saturday I logged in to check the order and the delivery date now says 'no date found' and the status now says 'on hold'.

Because the GH is being discontinued and I've never experienced this before, I'm wondering if this bag is actually not available, even though the site says it is. I know there are no UK stores stocking it anywhere, even in the Londond store.

Has anyone ever had this before? I've had no mail to advise but I know the website customer service only works office hours Monday to Friday, so I don't suppose I would have heard anything from them yet anyway.

I'm wondering whether I should start looking for an alternative bag...

I'm in the US, but I have experienced the same thing. After you purchased, it says "on hold" until they will ship it, once they prepare it for shipping it will charge your card and then say "shipped". Mine always say "delivery date: no date found". It's normal I think, bkz out of all items I've ordered, i never saw the delivery date updated. You should be fine, just wait for a business day and it will show shipped and charge your card. They wouldn't have let you check out if the bag was not available. Just give it time, it will update!

Well my card has today been charged and I also received a confirmation e-mail from Bal, I logged in and checked the status and it said 'shipped' but now when I log in, the status says 'received'! Which seems a bit backwards to me, unless they mean that the shipment has been received by UPS, which is the delivery service they use over here.

They haven't sent me any mails to advise of any problems so I can only assume everything is still OK, but I wish there was a way to keep more informed. They don't even send tracking numbers 'for security reasons' and the only way to contact them is by e-mail, there is no phone number that works.

There was initially a problem charging my card as my bank flagged it for a fraud check, but I authorised it to go through and soon after was when I received the confirmation mail. It just seems strange that the status has been changed again...

I ordered on Thursday, bank allowed it ok as it was small amount (a wallet) I only checked it on Monday and it said received, I thought what's received. Later it turned up on my doorstep. Today I had an email to say it was delivered. Ups did leave it on my doorstep but I was in anyway!! Bit of a rubbish system as I got no shipped email but it's all here ok!

I placed my order last night and my bank stopped the payment going through because it's the largest thing i've ever purchased. So I had a phone call from the fraud department at my bank this morning. The payment went through earlier so hopefully it won't be long until I get it. It's saying 'received' on the bal website. The only problem is I'm going to London tomorrow and won't be back until thursday afternoon/evening so I bet it comes when i'm not home!
I hope you both enjoy your purchases!

All has turned out well, it was delivered this morning right before I left for work so I'll be doing a reveal tonight! I've already given it a quick once-over, leather is fab, distressed but not too much. It's gorgeous! Very impressed actually, despite the confusing order statuses, it was paid for on Monday, left Italy Monday night and they tried to deliver it yesterday morning which I unfortunately missed but she's with me now!

I ordered on Thursday, bank allowed it ok as it was small amount (a wallet) I only checked it on Monday and it said received, I thought what's received. Later it turned up on my doorstep. Today I had an email to say it was delivered. Ups did leave it on my doorstep but I was in anyway!! Bit of a rubbish system as I got no shipped email but it's all here ok!
Did you request express mail?

I ordered Thursday afternoon - my 'view order' so far has said.....

received
on hold
received
on hold
received
picked
received
shipped
received

in this order!

another order that I cancelled last month has also changed from..
cancelled
received
cancelled
received.... all this today as well!

Maybe I will get two bags tomorrow.....or maybe not! Do they deliver on Saturdays??

mere girl said:
Did you request express mail?

I ordered Thursday afternoon - my 'view order' so far has said.....

received
on hold
received
on hold
received
picked
received
shipped
received

in this order!

another order that I cancelled last month has also changed from..
cancelled
received
cancelled
received.... all this today as well!

Maybe I will get two bags tomorrow.....or maybe not! Do they deliver on Saturdays??

Yes I went for express, just because it was a gift for my husband and was worried it wouldn't arrive! Mine never said anything except received! It just showed up on my doorstep then I got an email to say it had been delivered. Well express came by ups saver but not sure what they use for standard delivery...

pinkchristie22 said:
Yes I went for express, just because it was a gift for my husband and was worried it wouldn't arrive! Mine never said anything except received! It just showed up on my doorstep then I got an email to say it had been delivered. Well express came by ups saver but not sure what they use for standard delivery...

I paid for express and I was hoping that as I ordered on thurs afternoon it may have turned up today.....but I suppose it will be tues now due to the mon bank hol :sad:

I placed order on friday and got a confirmation email. However, the status said it was on hold.For the delivery date, it said date not found. I checked my bank account, nothing has been charged from bal yet. Moreover this weekend, I got 2 emails from bal, telling me to complete order. I'm not sure is it bcoz i went in to bal's website again and look at that bag. But, I already hav confirmation email and order number. Also, I checked in my account in bal, this order was showed there. Hope that I will recieve my bag today. >.<))))))))))))))

i placed an order for a city rh lagon yesterday afternoon. first i received a confirmation email from balenciaga uk online. then my bank rang saying the transaction failed and i should start all over again or contact balenciaga. i logged in and my order status was pending. i emailed balenciaga about the problem. half an hour later an automatic reply came with a phone number to contact. i rang, a french man answered (i spoke in french but they actually speak english, don't worry). he said my order was sorted out and all was fine. i logged in today and my status says 'picked'. meaning? any suggestions?

btw, for anyone who is experiencing similar problems, here is the number the customer service gave me 0800 46 14 80 just keep the order number handy. if they speak french, just ask them to speak english. hope this helps.